2 Hoppers, 3 Joeys Network Connection

rednert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
Northern California
I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. Both Hoppers are hard wired to router and everything is fine in network setting broadband. But all 3 Joeys say failed server and internet connection. Do I have something set wrong or do I need a HIC? Thanks in advance for help.

Attachments

• JoeyNetworkError.jpg
    JoeyNetworkError.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
What if you want DLNA?
well it should work on the two hoppers he has connected... for the joeys either use a hic, direct wire or try a wifi adapter

I haven't found DLNA to even work all that well, so it's not a feature that's worth anything to me right now. It's much less trouble for me to just put everything on a large flash drive and plug it into my PS3 or TV directly.

Thanks for the reply, on demand does works so I will just wait awhile and see if they ever get DLNA working good then worry about it if I have to.
if you do need DLNA on those joeys, then maybe you can call back your original tech and they'll drop off a HIC. (or see if a DIRT member can do something for you)

At least that way you have it as backup. I'm not all that trusting right now on when they'll fix all this stuff. I know it will happen eventually, but who knows when exactly. That's at least a good enough reason to just get a HIC for free during the install anyways.

Another note, HIC can only be used on client lines. You may have to make some changes like using a tap, if the HIC has to be installed in the same room as the hopper. Something to keep in mind depending on where you'd put the HIC. Mine is just connected via passthrough on a Joey client line.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)