2 Hoppers, 4 Joeys, 2 Houses -1 Account Possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danc4641

Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
Hey Guys,
Trying to see if my brother and I can share an account setup as we used to 4 years ago with the VIP systems. Basically we both still have our dish's installed at our residence (dish 1000+ Dp44 etc). Trying to come back to DISH from cable tv provider and wanted to see if the following install would be possible.

We'd like to install 1 hopper and 2 joey's at each of our homes and share the programming. Basically we'd be using the identical setup with dish 1000+, a dp44 and a single or duo node for each of our installs. 1 of them would probably be a self install. Just wondering if it possible or must the 2 hoppers communicate with each other ? Must they be connected to the internet at all times?

Has anybody done an install like this with the Hopper/Joey (super joey?) systems?

I read something where dish might allow this and see it as a second home? I understand it is account stacking, please excuse me if this is not something that is allowed any longer.

Thanks for your help guys.

This is called account stacking and we do not support such here.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

As stated, it is account stacking and not supported or condoned here.

I would think a 2 Hopper/4Joey system where the Hoppers and Joeys don't all see each other would be a red flag for the audit team. While there could be some legitimate customers installed in such a way, I have to think it is a very, very small percentage and would quickly rise to the top of the call list.

Did anybody think to report this? Or "flag" it, as it's called in Reader?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I apologize guys. Didn't know that this type of install isn't supported/accepted. Once again I apologize to the forum and its members.

Is there a way to delete this thread?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)