2 hoppers both with sling vs one of each

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
I'm wanting 2 hopper 0 joeys . Gonna be going through local retailer. I'm not real familiar with sling can somebody tell me do I want both of my hoppers to have sling or is just one sling enough ? What can I do if both hopper have sling that I can't do if only 1 hopper has sling and the other is just a regular hopper ?

I personally would pay the extra $50 upfront for two Hoppers w/Sling as if you decided you wanted Sling on your other Hopper later it would be $50 anyway for the Sling Adapter. The Hopper w/Sling is faster, has iPad Transfers, built-in WiFi, and of course, built-in Sling.

Sling allows you to watch live TV and your recordings on your smartphone, tablet, or PC anywhere where you have Internet access. Having two Sling-capable receivers allows you to have up to two Sling sessions at a time or more importantly, access to your DVR recordings on both receivers via Sling.

That's what I did with my upgrade. I had a Sling adapter on my 722K. So I ordered a Hopper w/sling and a Hopper. Plugged in the Sling adapter to the normal Hopper and after a reboot it recognized it right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)