2 Hoppers/Smart card question

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I currently have one Hopper on my account. I'm about to move to a new address and I intend to buy a used (additional) Hopper from Ebay and have the installer set it up when he comes this Saturday. What do I need to know about used receivers? Will I have to get a new smart card? Should I have DISH run the Receiver ID to make sure it is free and clear to activate? So far, Dish has said I won't need a new smart card, but I guess I'm unsure.

Make sure there is nothing owed on the account. Otherwise, Dish should just send you a new card, I think they charge $20 or so? May be more. How much are you paying for a used one? I have seen a lot of new ones from retailers for pretty good prices.

You only need a new smart card if the one in the machine is gone. Definitely pm dirt and have them make sure the receiver CAID and smart card are clear from owing any money... Outside that, setting it up shouldn't be a problem for the technician... Only thing I could see as an issue is if he doesn't have a duo node handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)