2 hoppers

So can two Hoppers actually talk to each other now....see each other's recordings? I was looking online for that and found some (obviously, might be old info) that said they couldn't talk to each other.

So can two Hoppers actually talk to each other now....see each other's recordings? I was looking online for that and found some (obviously, might be old info) that said they couldn't talk to each other.

I think they can now with the latest update. .

3HaloODST said:
Actually they have been able to since S213.

Have you checked your installation for isolators?

So far S216 is a lot better.

I agree I an noticing some good small changes!

navychop said:
But 216 seems to have cleaned it up to where it works right for more people.

I think 216 has fixed my biggest issue, drop down boxes disappearing to choose which hopper to watch recordings on. If this sticks, this will be great!

You can however store as many shows as you want on your external hard drive to save them for when you are ready to watch them, but they will only work with the DVR system.

I just had my 2 Hopper / 1 Joey install done this morning. Took 2 1/2 hours total with no problems.

Each Hopper had 216 on it and everything I record from either Hopper can be viewed/deleted from the other Hopper and from the Joey. Looking good so far. Still exploring and getting use to the new setup.

Can you choose which hopper to record on from the other hopper? I'm looking at switching due to Directv's sagging hr34. With every new sw release it seems to get worse.

Not at this time. No idea if/when Dish plans on implementing that functionality. However you can choose which Hopper to record on when using a Joey. Hoppers can see each others' recordings, Joeys can see all Hoppers' recordings.

I found the isolators. My question is, why not just run them from the duo node since it is only 10ft away and there are two open connections?

No idea. I've seen lots of reports of installers doing this. Definitely remove the isolators. Place the Hopper lines on the HOST ports. Joey lines on CLIENT ports. Check your MoCA signal afterward using YELLOW - 9 - 2. MoCA indicator should be FOUR GREEN BARS. Also can check sat signals using YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - SEND STATUS - CHECK CONNECTION - CHECK SIGNAL (or just YELLOW - YELLOW which is POINT DISH.)

Been a Dish customer for many years. Upgrading from 622. Was able to order 2 hoppers, 0 joeys. Called number on myDish. Had to talk to special CSR(transferred by regular CSR with no hassle) Got the 1st hopper free, second one for $100. Installer coming Sunday. Fingers crossed.
Didn't know the 2 hoppers would see each other, great bennie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)