2 ideas i have.

zoonker

Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
i do custom installations with many tv's using cat5 distribution. i have encountered things i would love to see:

enabling both IR and RF remote control simutaneously.

disable power off. receiver is always on for multi TV distribution.

I would like to see the dual IR/RF mode for remote as this would allow me to use my Harmony remote and the RF remote like I did with E*.

I understand that I could use both remotes with IR only but one of my HR22's has a narrow IR window and requires frequent re-aim and clicks so RF is it's permanent mode.

I'm the only one in the household that uses the Harmony so RF only is not so bad. But I did want to play around with the delays to see if I could get a better remote response but as I understand it, the remote response with latest CE is better.

I'm considering the back-lit remote but right now it's economics that's got a hold on that.

As far as the Power on always request, MRV will work if remote SERVER is in STANDBY, which is neat. I think STANDBY is the perfect opportunity to maximize disk management, scheduling, To Do List, DVR services, DirecTv's TOS's and anything else that goes on that would hinder performance and remote response if done while the viewer is watching TV. Maybe I missed something with that request.

Last edited:
YES.. Fix the IR/RF remote.. Never did understand why you had to give up one to get the other.. Dish works in both modes at the same time.. Why can't DirecTV

i do custom installations with many tv's using cat5 distribution. i have encountered things i would love to see:

enabling both IR and RF remote control simutaneously.

disable power off. receiver is always on for multi TV distribution.

I would like to see the dual IR/RF mode for remote as this would allow me to use my Harmony remote and the RF remote like I did with E*.

I understand that I could use both remotes with IR only but one of my HR22's has a narrow IR window and requires frequent re-aim and clicks so RF is it's permanent mode.

I'm the only one in the household that uses the Harmony so RF only is not so bad. But I did want to play around with the delays to see if I could get a better remote response but as I understand it, the remote response with latest CE is better.

I'm considering the back-lit remote but right now it's economics that's got a hold on that.

As far as the Power on always request, MRV will work if remote SERVER is in STANDBY, which is neat. I think STANDBY is the perfect opportunity to maximize disk management, scheduling, To Do List, DVR services, DirecTv's TOS's and anything else that goes on that would hinder performance and remote response if done while the viewer is watching TV. Maybe I missed something with that request.

Yeah zoonker, I did miss something...you weren't talking about MRV! Sorry about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts