DVD AB Markers

armchair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Remember those A & B markers we have on our DVD players that can allow that continuous loop of a user-selected-replay? Is that a feature that could be legally added to DirecTv's DVR's? (Thought there may be a copyright infringement that would prohibit it).

If it were legal and doable, I would love to be able to mark a replay like that and have real replays that I could tag and bag into a folder that I could name, manage and replay at will...for personal use of course...but that would certainly have been thought of and done already if it were legal wouldn't it?????

There's plenty of sports events that could be remembered with a single play or moment, like those two game-ending Steelers TD's in the end zone in play-offs and Super Bowl!

My two year old takes interest in some of the attention grabber commercials and asks me to play them again and again as if they were some of the short kids VOD I d/l for her. She still talks about the dog that's trying to cheer the other dog up by stealing a ball, a stuffed bear, a shoe (or glove?) and finally digging up a bone and she wonders why I won't find it for her. To mark and keep that would take up too much space for a 30 second replay. It'd be nice to just put just the 30 seconds as a named sub-folder or title in a folder that I could mark as her name. I must have played it 20 times while it was in the buffer but I couldn't mark it because it wasn't a recording. So as I progressed through my show, it took longer to find it until it was gone.

For cases like that, I'd archive the part to a PC and make a DVD that you can play in your DVD player. This way you could build up a whole library of fun things for your daughter. You could also stream that from the PC to the DVR (it it's capable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts