2 pico macom 5x16s to one dual lnb dish

codyt

Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Wadena
have a question involving two pico macom tsms-5/16 14v/18v multiswitches to a triple satellite quad output switchable xKu LNBF Linear. Polarization: vertical 10.5-14.2V Horizontal: 15.2-21.0V. one side of the sat lnb (Sat A) says there are 0 khz. on the other side (sat B) says 22khz. now on the back of the multiswitch there is 18v 0khz 18v 22khz, 14v 0khz 14v 22khz and antenna input. i used the 14v 0khz and 14V 22khz inputs on back of multiswitches. so there are four wires going to the lnb, 2 from each switch. i went to test voltage at lnb end all say around thirteen eight so i unhooked the cables from multiswitch on the 0khz inputs tested for power, attached the energized 22khz to the lnb Sat B side and 0khz to sat A. I cannot get a signal have i gotten something wrong? This is provided by shaw By the way.

Last edited:
All four lines from the lnb have to go to the four inputs on one switch. No way around that. At least you have 16 outputs. LOL. Also, it doesn't matter which lines go where on the switch.

Catamount

so what your saying is they should have ent me two dishes to make these work (application is in a motel). well i guess i will have to speak to them thank you

Last edited:
I'm certainly no expert on multiswitches. There may be a way to cascade those to give you 16 + 12 = 28 outputs. Myself, I would contact Shaw. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Catamount

i am pretty sure you can cascade them; i recall seeing a schematic that looked like this: lines 1-4 out from switch A go to in switch B; and lines 5-8 out from A go in switch C. this gives you 16 lines. BUT, not all multiswitches can do this. B and C need to send out a tone telling A to change satellites

with your current set up (two switches), you can have 12 independent receivers

Would it not be possible to use a 3Ghz Splitter on each line between LNBF and Switch.?

Then just ensure that line one feeds Port #1 on BOTH Switch's etc.

so i bought an eagle sat finder, plugged directly into a receiver, and voila, signal i will never point again without it. So i call the tech on the phone and to connect these switches splitters for all four lines are needed. they don't send you those though so i wouldn't know unless i was told. This way 32 outputs are still available. Everyone had great advice and helped me very much thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)