2 receivers with 1 backwards splitter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Can someone explain what T134 has over on fridge(he is busy with the new A3). He says "you can hook (2) receivers to a splitter backwards and use them independently with a lnbf to view programming." How would that work and which one would be boss(so to say) and how would it work if both sent power to the same lnbf, but different polarity?? Could they be used with a diseqc switch and everything? Need some help with this one. I would love to hook (2) units together. My main unit and my computer for 4.2.2

A single output LNBF will only output one polarity at a time. If you place a reversed splitter in line and feed the single output to two STBs, only one polarity may be viewed at a time. Example. If STB #1 is watching a channel on the vertical polarity (outputting 13Vdc), STB #2 can only view vertical channels. If STB #2 is tuned to a channel on a Horizontal polarity (outputting 18Vdc), the LNBF will be switched to Horizontal output and STB #1 will be unable to view channels on the vertical polarity, only channels on the horizontal polarity.

Dual output LNBFs are not very expensive and will allow each receiver to independently tune both horizontal and vertical channels simultaneously. Here is an example Amiko Dual output LNBF: http://titaniumsatellite.com/products#!/~/product/category=6743545&id=36604753
228178042.jpg

Sorry can't get detailed right now but the idea of using a sat splitter for 2 receivers was for one motor. Either can control the motor and you won't back feed power. It is also a bit tricky to not accidentally leave one on and power up the other calling for a different motor position and/or polarity. Only one can do motor/polarity control at a time, the other is a slave to whatever bird and polarity is selected.

Thanks I knew you were busy and this could wait T134. I'm going to pickup one of your splitters later this summer and set mine up that way. Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts