2 single tuner OTA and sling adapter

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
I have started a small collection of DISH OTA dongles and a sling adapter from my original Hopper setup back in the day. Now with my H3 and new dual OTA tuner I have no need for these devices.

Is there still a market for the sling adapter or the single OTA tuners?

Sling adapters are still offered on Ebay. I haven't seen any single OTA tuners on Ebay but the 211Z can use it and Wally without hard drive should be able to use it.

Reactions: pattykay
I would hold on to the single tuner dongle. It is more sensitive for weak channels (receives 10 more channels) and does not generate heat. The new dual tuner runs so hot that several have reported that it eventually fails. Heat is an enemy of electronics.

I have had the dual tuner ota dongle for some months now and I really haven't noticed that it is too hot. But every situation is different. I have mine installed in an open cabinet that gets air flow. The cabinet used to have glass doors on the front ,but I removed them because it was causing my receiver to reboot .

The dual tuner adapter is not as sensitive as the single tuner model. So many have gone back to the single tuner or never switched. In my case I went from 61 channels down to 39 when I switched.

So yes there isa marlet for the suingle tuner version.

I have had the dual tuner ota dongle for some months now and I really haven't noticed that it is too hot. But every situation is different. I have mine installed in an open cabinet that gets air flow. The cabinet used to have glass doors on the front ,but I removed them because it was causing my receiver to reboot .
I haven't had any issues too with both of my Dual-Tuner OTA Adapters. I have them not touching anything in the open on both of my H3s.

I have started a small collection of DISH OTA dongles and a sling adapter from my original Hopper setup back in the day. Now with my H3 and new dual OTA tuner I have no need for these devices.

Is there still a market for the sling adapter or the single OTA tuners?

Sell the single tuners on Ebay. You can probably get $100+ for each. No joke.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)