2 Things

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Two things, both involving TV1 on a 722k.

Alright, so I have two TV's connected to my 722k via TV1. One is a CRT TV hooked up via composite. The other, is an LCD TV hooked up via component.

I also have a TV2 hooked up.

So, here's the deal, I have the 722k set up for widescreen (for the HDTV,) and the easiest way to get it looking right on the 4:3 SDTV, is to "stretch" the anamorphic widescreen, to the proper ratio, so everything doesn't look skinny. The problem is, whenever the format is changed on TV2, it messes with the TV1 format, only on the SDTV, never on the HDTV. HDTV stays on whatever setting I use regardless, but the SDTV, if it's on anything other than "Normal" which makes it anamorphic, the format will randomly change to whatever else any time the format is messed with on TV2. It can be quite annoying.

Will that ever be fixed? I've seen plenty of threads about it in the past and it seems to me like it won't ever be fixed.

Second thing, is more of a request than a bug. I think it would be nice if TV1 had the option of letterboxing like TV2, and even the option for anamorphic widescreen on TV2.

I want to get a better understanding of what may be causing this. You mentioned that when you change the format on your TV2 (which is not mirrored) it messes with the TV1 format, does it change the format of the TV connected t the component cables or the composite cables, or both? Also, what kind of remote(s) are you using with both your TV1's, it is UHF or IR, what model is it (on the back at the top of the remote)?

Why not hook up the CRT to TV2 outputs? I've hooked the composite to a VCR and then used the VCR's coax to feed a TV in the kitchen and a TV in the computer room. I used the TV2 coax output to feed a TV in the basement family room.

Umm...the real question is, is your CRT tv hooked up to tv1 or tv2 composite output since component output requires the audio from the composite side. If you're actually showing tv2 instead, that is why the aspect ratio changes. There is of course the assumption that you probably would have already noticed that.

On rereading the OP, I have another thought. If changing the aspect on the TV2 remote effects TV1, are you in dingle or dual mode? They only way I know that the TV2 remote can effect the picture on TV1 is if you are in single mode. This is on a 722.

I want to get a better understanding of what may be causing this. You mentioned that when you change the format on your TV2 (which is not mirrored) it messes with the TV1 format, does it change the format of the TV connected t the component cables or the composite cables, or both? Also, what kind of remote(s) are you using with both your TV1's, it is UHF or IR, what model is it (on the back at the top of the remote)?

That is correct. TV2 is not mirrored. The receiver is in dual mode, and TV2 is using the home distribution RF connection channel cable 100. Changing TV2 format only messes with the composite output on TV1. Changing channels on TV2 also messes with the composite output on TV1. The component output is unaffected. TV2 is also unaffected by TV1 changes. TV1 has the 20.0 IR remote. TV2 is using a 21.0 UHF Pro remote, channel 1 band A.

Why not hook up the CRT to TV2 outputs? I've hooked the composite to a VCR and then used the VCR's coax to feed a TV in the kitchen and a TV in the computer room. I used the TV2 coax output to feed a TV in the basement family room.

The CRT is in the same room as the HDTV. I want it mirrored. TV2 is on the opposite end of the house.

Umm...the real question is, is your CRT tv hooked up to tv1 or tv2 composite output since component output requires the audio from the composite side. If you're actually showing tv2 instead, that is why the aspect ratio changes. There is of course the assumption that you probably would have already noticed that.

The CRT is on the TV1 composite output. I used a "Y" splitter for the audio. Guess I should have elaborated a little.

On rereading the OP, I have another thought. If changing the aspect on the TV2 remote effects TV1, are you in dingle or dual mode? They only way I know that the TV2 remote can effect the picture on TV1 is if you are in single mode. This is on a 722.

I am in dual mode.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been trying to duplicate the issue to get a better understanding on how we should fix this. I will be back with more information later today.

Alright thanks! I have sent Mr. Gonzales some extra information on how to duplicate the issue, let me know if you would like me to forward that PM.

Again, thanks!

Yeah if you could forward that information that would be great. Thanks.

This may or may not help, but when you switch between channels that are SD or HD the receiver will remember the last aspect ratio you used on that channel in SD or HD and will return to that aspect ratio, this doesn't effect most people who only have 1 SD or 1 HD TV, but in your case that may cause problems. So your random changes may be due to the receiver's memory of the last aspect ratio used on the last SD or HD channel tuned. It drove my 80+ year old parents crazy until I pointed this feature out to them.

That's a good thought, however the problem I am experiencing is the TV format changing by itself in the middle of TV viewing, and not while changing channels :) .

Mr. Chang, I have forwarded the information you requested. Hope it helps.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a software bug. We'll see whenever MattG or PhillipC get back with me :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)