2 TVs, Same room, watch live or DVR synced?

rezonatefreak

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Is there a way to watch the same program on two TVs at once synced. I realize you can pause in one room and pick up the pause in another. We need the same event on multiple TVs with the video and sound synced. Because of the way the hopper/joey works it appears I may have to extend the HDMI signals from one location to the other? The joey has a delay, causing a horrible echo effect. You can almost get things synced up with multiple pauses and jumps.

rezonatefreak

Use Audio from only 1 TV, mute the other.

Picture can be slightly out of synch and you'll only know it watching dialogue on the 2nd TV.

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems the only solution will be extending HDMI signal from the Hopper since the flat panel with the Joey has only 2 HDMI inputs. That's the con of buyig a "good deal" 32" TV on Black Friday. The RF modulated signal from the VIP622 used to be acceptable on a small TV. I have been pondering this anyway since we have the same issue with other video sources like blueray and XBMC based media center. I've been looking at HDMI splitters and extenders over CAT5e at Monoprice. Once we upgrade one part of the system the rest needs to come up to a similar level. Thats part of the hobby!

Good idea. I thought of that. 32" TV I would run component video and coax audio to has only 2 HDMI inputs. One is for the Joey.

Ran HDMI from one TV to the other via 2ea Cat6 cables, HDMI splitter and HDMI extender. No complaints yet on jtech digital HDMI boxes I got from amazon. I miss spoke when I said one TV does not have component input but I used that input for our 7 camera CCTV system. I have also taken the analog R/L audio from joey and ran to wireless head phones.

IMG_1393.JPGIMG_1394.JPGIMG_1396.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts