# 2 WV Loses TO Pittsburgh 13-9

LMAO!!! I knew being #2 is a nightmare. I said it not too long ago, we might end up having teams with 2 losses playing in the National Championship. THIS is the BCS WORST nightmare!!

....and I LOVE IT!:D:cool:

i really think WV could have won this game though if they had just tried harder they just made to many mistakes........

I think they were feeling the pressure WAY before this game. This is a big rivalry game....AND all they had to do was win....and they played down to the competion....

If GA or LSU get into the BCS Champ Game it will be a disgrace to an already BS system and it should be abolished and someone would need to look into some sort of class action suit.

If GA or LSU get into the BCS Champ Game it will be a disgrace to an already BS system and it should be abolished and someone would need to look into some sort of class action suit.

Don't care for the SEC? Maybe you should wait until after the season is over. A lot of people were whining about Florida getting into the MNC over Michigan last year - and we all know how that turned out. LSU and GA are just as deserving as any other 2 loss team, and some 1 loss teams for that matter.

LSU got its 2 loss's after 6 OT periods!!!! Surely it was not lack of trying or lack of skill that made them lose.

Agreed. And both those losses came while LSU was sitting at #1 (longer than any other team this year) and their opponents played their asses off. The same for goes for the loss tOSU suffered. These two teams are the most deserving since their is no playoff to say otherwise. :up

I can't believe how bad WV looked in that game, regardless of Pat White getting injured on his NON-THROWING hand.

LSU got its 2 loss's after 6 OT periods!!!! Surely it was not lack of trying or lack of skill that made them lose.

LSU was 1 play away from being irrelevent this year and they will STILL get strong consideration for the NC game.

2 plays and they would have had 4 losses, but I am not allowed to talk about that, everytime I do, the SEC fans want to brush it under the carpet and forget about it. (official moved the first down in favor of LSU on what would have been 4 and 2 ft, but was given a gift with NO second thoughts.... I think the officials were rooting for WV last night also with the two holding calls, one took away a Pitt TD and the other a big play while running the clock out.

jimbo, i will not support lsu for the national championship game, largely for the reasons stated. i think the talking heads crap about winning your conference is bunk too. if i were going to pick a team in the bcs top ten who deserves to leap frog to play ohio state, it would be the trojans. they were left for dead mid-season because of injuries but yet came back and won...what...their last 5 games. i would also make a strong argument for a georgia-osu tilt.

jimbo, i will not support lsu for the national championship game, largely for the reasons stated. i think the talking heads crap about winning your conference is bunk too. if i were going to pick a team in the bcs top ten who deserves to leap frog to play ohio state, it would be the trojans. they were left for dead mid-season because of injuries but yet came back and won...what...their last 5 games. i would also make a strong argument for a georgia-osu tilt.

As I have mentioned somewhere,I think USC would be a great game and at the same time, add the prestige back into the Rose Bowl that seems to be missing with all the other games (Bowl) taking center stage of late.

As for Georgia, they appear to be playing very good ball now too ... However it doesn't always go to the team that is hottest in the end... but they would be a top team to watch IF we had a playoff , then your roll at the end would definatly make a difference.

Jimbo

actually, usc-ohio state doesn't creap me out because that might leave the doors open for a:georgia-illinois.....b:arizona state-illinois........c:hawaii-illinois.......d:kansas-illinois.

illinois isn't a lock as the buckeyes replacement in the rose bowl but i would sure love to see them there. that means we will probably play michigan in the capital one bowl!

Remember......if OSU is #1, the rose bowl WILL get the first at-large pick. If USC is not in the title game, Illinois will be picked IMO. Its looking like a Georgia-LSU pick for the other BCS title spot. I can see the team left over going to the Sugar (SEC). One thing I don't understand is where is the talk for OU!. They won their conf and beat the #1 team last night. That was a SOLID win by 21!!!! Tenn had LSU on the ropes while OU really ran over Mizzou in the 2nd half.

Of course, they is USC. They have tasted defeat by STANFORD and Oregon, but that was a while ago too. Plus, they are finally healthy....

Its really going to come down to how the voters vote (referering to what catagories they choose to vote on).

Do you go with the team with the best record (Kansas; WHAT ABOUT HAWAII!!!)
Do you go with the hottest team (USC, Geo)
Do you go by whom had the best two losses (LSU; both in 3ots)
Do you disqualify the teams that didn't win their conf or division for that matter (kansas, Georgia)

This year is going to be a mess.

One thing to note: pay attention to the AP poll. Even though the poll has no baring on the BCS, this might be another year where a split title may unfold.

Remember......if OSU is #1, the rose bowl WILL get the first at-large pick. If USC is not in the title game, Illinois will be picked IMO. Its looking like a Georgia-LSU pick for the other BCS title spot. I can see the team left over going to the Sugar (SEC). One thing I don't understand is where is the talk for OU!. They won their conf and beat the #1 team last night. That was a SOLID win by 21!!!! Tenn had LSU on the ropes while OU really ran over Mizzou in the 2nd half.

Of course, they is USC. They have tasted defeat by STANFORD and Oregon, but that was a while ago too. Plus, they are finally healthy....

Its really going to come down to how the voters vote (referering to what catagories they choose to vote on).

Do you go with the team with the best record (Kansas; WHAT ABOUT HAWAII!!!)
Do you go with the hottest team (USC, Geo)
Do you go by whom had the best two losses (LSU; both in 3ots)
Do you disqualify the teams that didn't win their conf or division for that matter (kansas, Georgia)

This year is going to be a mess.

One thing to note: pay attention to the AP poll. Even though the poll has no baring on the BCS, this might be another year where a split title may unfold.

A split title is very possible. In fact, the 2003 title was split largly due to the fact that USC's only loss was in OT and the pollsters had them ranked above all others at the end of regular season. SOS didn't matter to the pollsters as it did to the BCS calculations back then.

I say LSU or OU deserve a shot at the title. Yes GA is playing hot here at the end, but they are also beating teams that are hurt and out of the championship picture. That makes it a whole different ballgame. I actually watched GA's last 3 games. They are not as good as everyone is making them out to be. If you remember, Tenn beat them by 21 points - the same Tenn LSU managed to beat yesterday with a backup QB and limping defense.

Flynn and Ryan P are alike 1 and 1-A, so i wouldn't count that too much. Dorsey out is huge i'll admit. It was tenn D that was so impressive for me yesterday. They were all over the field. I personally think it should be between OU and LSU for the final spot. LSU's body of work is a little better but i think OU has a better lasting impression with last night's strong statement over the soon-to-be former #1 team. Its going to come down to the wire with LSU edging them out.

Remember, the B12 voters have done some pretty improper voting in the past (2004 Cal/texas) to get the team they want. Can't wait to break down each of the coaches ballots (released in monday/tuesdays USA TODAY)

On another note, am I reading this right: Would a LSU fan be ok with a split title ;)