Cincinnati Bengals

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
You knew this was coming. With the Bengals playing tonight I thought I would start this thread.

My Bengals look great on Offense. The Defense however is full of more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Hopefully then can score enough points to counter that.

Bengals haven't lost to the Ravens at home in 4 years. It will be a close game but home field on Monday night is a big advantage.

I really wish we had Henry though...

If it's one thing I've notice, defense is usually the 1st thing to come around in the beginning of the season. Cincy has too many question marks on their side of the D, and I don't think they have enough O to counter McNair and McGahee.

24 - 17, Baltimore

If it's one thing I've notice, defense is usually the 1st thing to come around in the beginning of the season. Cincy has too many question marks on their side of the D, and I don't think they have enough O to counter McNair and McGahee.

24 - 17, Baltimore

Don't have enough O????? Are you nuts? Rudi Johnson is 10X the runner that McGahee is.

The game was VERY close tonight. It was 20-27 Cincy with the win. It was down to the wire with only a few minutes left and Baltimore had the ball. They got within one foot of getting a touchdown and then a flag went up and they went back to the 10 yard line then another flag and to the 5 yard line then Cincy intercepted it around the touchdown mark and there was less than a minute left, game over.

hmm, i must have been watching a different game because from my view it looked like cincy's defense won the game. they had zero offense in the second half, except, maybe, that last td drive that was set up by the d.

and how lame was johnson's non-end zone touchdown celebration. and how in the heck did tony k. end up with the jacket?

How ever they did it, they won regardless. That is all I care about is wins, not how they do it. :D

*ahem* :eek:...Man enough to admit I was wrong; at least about McNair. Wow...not one of his best games. On the same token, I'll take credit for predicting D* was going out outshine O*

As Iceturkee already alluded to, Palmer looked sharp. Wonder if he's still harboring a grudge against the Steelers (playoff injury)?

I though you might find this amusing.

you may know I was at the Bengals game last night. It was an exciting game to say the least. The Bengals offence was horrible and it was the defense that won the game with the game winning touchdown off an interception (if you have to call it that) of the blocked pass that was a gift to the Bengals.

Anyway, for those of you that watched the game on 12 or ESPN, you might remember that Baltimore had 7 or 8 tries at the potentially tying touchdown (with a regular extra point conversion) from inside the 5 yard line with only a minute to go at the end of the game.
I don't know what possesed me but I recorded the last three real-time minutes of the game (About 50 game seconds) on my cheap-ass phone's audio recorder.

LISTEN HERE
What you hear in the recording is as follows: at first is the crowd cheering the defense on to hold for the 7th or 8th time in a row; then a hush as the ball is thrown to the end zone; followed by a minute long cheer that never ends! It rises up again as the replay is shown on the big screens. There is a “Who Dey” cheer that erupts from the other side of the stadium and spreads quickly to fill the stadium. The crowd hushes a little as the Bengals snap the ball for the meaningless second-to-last play of the game. Carson Palmer takes the snap and takes a knee. The crowd hushes a little as the teams stand around killing the game clock. Then you hear one final smaller cheer as Carson takes the last snap of the game and takes a knee. After that the crowd begins to chant “defense” to acknowledge that it was the defense that won the game.

Keep in mind this was a low quality recording from inside my pocket! The sound in person was deafening! To me it was just below the threshold of pain! It’s as loud as that stadium has been since the KC game a few years back that is considered to be the turning-point of the loser-Bengals to the competitive-Bengals.

I’ve attached an link to the WAV file of the 3 minute recording along with a picture I took with the phone cam (broken lens and all) in the 3rd quarter (Yes all the plays at the end of the game happened on “my” end of the field.)

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• Image007-1.jpg
    Image007-1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 126
carson palmer will get comeback player of the year, if there is such an award in pro football.

Why, what did he come back from this time ?
I could see last year when he had his knee injury, but what happen last year injury wise.
If someone wins the Comeback award it would be Roethlisberger provided he has the year I think he will, he had a real injury last year. Motorcycle accident for those of you who forgot.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)