Cincinnati Bengals

You knew this was coming. With the Bengals playing tonight I thought I would start this thread.

My Bengals look great on Offense. The Defense however is full of more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Hopefully then can score enough points to counter that.

Swiss Cheese doesn't have THAT many holes.

{cough}blow me{cough} :D

My beloved Bengals do BLOW CHUNKS this year. And I don't give a rat's ass about injuries and forced vacations. These are PROS. Those that can't do the job need to find other forms of employment NOW.

This week it wasn't as bad, but last week the mood in the stadium was surley... angry... explosive. It was one of the first times in my life I was on "alert" for nastiness to break out. The fans (not just a few, but many) were not only booing in disappointment and disapproval, but starting so show genuine anger and betrayal. I expected things to get REAL nasty. I did not feel safe in the stadium the mood was so nasty!

This week it was one of resignation. There was no energy in the stadium. People came and cheered because they were "supposed to". They already had the tickets. 4 of the 6 people in my group sold the tickets to scalpers who in turn sold the tickets to willing Pittsburgh fans. (Nice people too).

But as I was talking with a few of the fans around me, I figured out why the anger this year. I mean the Bengals have SUCKED for so long, we are used to it. We are to Football what Cubs fans are to Baseball. The reason for the surly and dangerous atmosphere in last week's jets/Bengals game was the realization that the incessant predictions over the last 8 months saying "This is the year" were just dead wrong. The Bengals aren't even play-off worthy, let alone taking it all the way.

Today, I resigned myself to another losing season and went back to what I have been asking for the last 10 years or so. I want to go to games where the outcome is not predetermined at the half. I want to go to games where there is a chance the Bengals could win. Today was one of those games until 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

See ya
Tony

My beloved Bengals do BLOW CHUNKS this year. And I don't give a rat's ass about injuries and forced vacations. These are PROS. Those that can't do the job need to find other forms of employment NOW.

This week it wasn't as bad, but last week the mood in the stadium was surley... angry... explosive. It was one of the first times in my life I was on "alert" for nastiness to break out. The fans (not just a few, but many) were not only booing in disappointment and disapproval, but starting so show genuine anger and betrayal. I expected things to get REAL nasty. I did not feel safe in the stadium the mood was so nasty!

This week it was one of resignation. There was no energy in the stadium. People came and cheered because they were "supposed to". They already had the tickets. 4 of the 6 people in my group sold the tickets to scalpers who in turn sold the tickets to willing Pittsburgh fans. (Nice people too).

But as I was talking with a few of the fans around me, I figured out why the anger this year. I mean the Bengals have SUCKED for so long, we are used to it. We are to Football what Cubs fans are to Baseball. The reason for the surly and dangerous atmosphere in last week's jets/Bengals game was the realization that the incessant predictions over the last 8 months saying "This is the year" were just dead wrong. The Bengals aren't even play-off worthy, let alone taking it all the way.

Today, I resigned myself to another losing season and went back to what I have been asking for the last 10 years or so. I want to go to games where the outcome is not predetermined at the half. I want to go to games where there is a chance the Bengals could win. Today was one of those games until 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

See ya
Tony

Come on, you actually thought they had a chance to come back in the second half?, I knew at half time it was over, the Bungles defense can't stop anyone, except for the Jets. IMHO it's time to get some good defensive help, maybe trade Chad Johnson for some good defense help.

T.J.(not even going to attempt to spell his last name:p) is a better WR, and Henry when not breaking the law is also a good WR, time to improve that defense, or else you'll be looking up at Pittsburgh, Baltimore and even the Brownies for some time.

BTW did you guys see that Ben is now 16-1 from his college days to now playing in the state of OHIO?;):up

See ya
Tony

Now you're getting a taste of what Lion's fans have been eating for 50 freakin' years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts