2 year committment

mthawki

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
Helena, MT
I just placed an order to finally have Dish installed on Oct. 10, but we have some apprehension about the 24 month service committment.

I signed up through DishStore and will get the $150 rebate and already got the $50 credit on the first bill. So technically if we cancelled after four months and paid the prorated termination fee it would be a wash.

So I guess my question is: Does Dish even allow new subs to sign up without a committment anymore? Most people seem totally happy with their service, so I'm not too worried. Just looking for reassurance I guess. :)

Thank you all!

Used to be, you could avoid the commitment by paying a $50.00 "installation" fee. Not sure if it still goes. DishStore could tell you.

I just placed an order to finally have Dish installed on Oct. 10, but we have some apprehension about the 24 month service committment.

I signed up through DishStore and will get the $150 rebate and already got the $50 credit on the first bill. So technically if we cancelled after four months and paid the prorated termination fee it would be a wash.

So I guess my question is: Does Dish even allow new subs to sign up without a commitment anymore? Most people seem totally happy with their service, so I'm not too worried. Just looking for reassurance I guess. :)

Thank you all!
I signed up with Dish Network in June 2006 with a 1.5 years commitment. Last month I recommitted with them for 2 additional years. Needles to say I am very content with their equipment and service.
I suggest you negotiate a better deal then that - they have quite a lot of flexibility.

Yeah, I think it's now $100 or something to go commitment-free. Plus you don't get all the special offers without a commitment.

Yes, its $99 for doing no committment, in addition the Dishstore rebate is reduced to $25.

The reason why the rebate is less because I see no point in paying a higher rebate if a customer is going to cancel.

Your better off with the committment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)