2 Years is coming up, what now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

halltj2

Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
SC
My first 2 year commitment is coming to a close and I was just wondering what to expect. I just paid bill 23 last week, so next month will be the 24th.

What happens then? Is it month to month with no commitment anymore/cancel anytime free of fees? Are there any incentives or promotions to do another 2 years? Will my price increase?

Thanks in advance...

After the two year contract its month to month. You can always call retention and see what they can do for you.

It is month to month. DirecTV doesn't require two year agreements past the first unless you add/upgrade new hardware, then it is two years again.

Occasionally they will make an offer requiring a one year agreement, such as a loyalty gift card or significant discount, but they also may make discount offers without a required agreement if you are reconsidering providers and talk to the retention department.

One thing is for sure, with no action on your part they will be happy to collect full price from you for any duration of time you allow.

Going off two-year agreement simply means you've gone off two-year agreement. Nothing else changes in your plan.

If you decided to leave, depending on your physical equipment, if you currently lease any devices, they'd need to be returned, else there'd likely be a large fee for that.

As others have said, you wouldn't enter another agreement unless you made a substantial hardware change -- such as an upgrade.

I will say that DirecTV is *always* open to negotiate (might depend upon CSR, whether it's by phone or by chat, etc.) regarding programming fees and what not, regardless of contract. That's at least been my experience with the company.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)