$20 a month...

I defend my position no more than you defend yours. I switched to DISH for the extra HD but have found it not to be as special as I thought. Again not all cable companies are the same either. I will give DISH credit in their HD DVR as it is superior to anything cable has. But, if I compare my local cable to DISH the only thing DISH has that my local cable does not have any more that I personally care about is NFL Network HD. My local cable company has NBA TV HD, my local NBC affiliate in HD, and MHD. When I switched to DISH my cable did not have the local FOX in HD as well as ESPN 2 HD but that has changed. I was just making the point I am tired of hearing about DISH is the HD leader because it is mostly now because of VOOM. I believe there are benefits to DISH and Cable. There is no perfect provider. I have had both and can tell you that. Customer service with my cable actually was better also. At least I dont talk to some guy from India I cant even understand. Finally, I probably will switch back early if my cable will give me a good deal to offset me breaking my contract with DISH. Again, we all have our own opinion. I have experienced both and have decided I like cable better if they can match HD channels I like. My cable also has a better picture than DISH and I am talking about HD because that is all I really watch anymore.

Your position is fine with me. Based on the channels you want to watch, it may not be that impressive. And you don't like Voom, fine. But for those who do, it adds 15 channels, and that is no small amount in the world of HD channels today.

I hope that in five years that there is so much HD we don't even have these debates anymore, and instead, just all have HD channels. But that's a long way away.

Cheers! :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I do watch the Voom channels occasionally, and I know there are folks that like many of the Voom channels I don't bother with...to me the only bad part about Voom, is that they waste the bandwidth to carry on 15 channels what could easily be condensed to two or three channels, considering how much/frequently they repeat everything!

Of course, even with the added bandwidth that would give them, it would still be up to E* to pony up for the missing HD channels.

My cable has HD channel that Dish doesn't have and Dish has channels that my cable doesn't have. If you like to watch HD get both Dish and Cable. I have both and I am enjoying both. The more HD the better.

HD sports? I love voom Worldsports and Rush, real HD coverage and no more real repeats than ESPNs etc. In general again I'll never unerstand the Voom bashers. HDnet has been a bustn for me. I can turn it on see the same thing but I watch Voom suite of channels and especially lately name any of the specific channels and I see new content.

Bottom line however, HD versions of any SD channels are always better if you are interested in crisper picture and better sound.

Voom is keeping me with Dish. I wont be going to any company that doesnt carry Voom.

I'd still like E* to add any HD channels that are currently available (like VersusHD), though.

ESPN does not repeat sports like Rush and WorldSport HD. To compare those channels with ESPN or ESPN 2HD is ridiculous. I have never seen repeats on the ESPN's. I have seen many on the VOOM ones though.

D* though gives you HD for 9.99 a month. I have an HD tv, but I refuse to pay dish $20 for HD. I might consider it at $10.

later
JimC

After D* gets there new satellites lit up and they add all of these channels they are talking about, I suggest you watch your bill because I am sure the price of HD will be going up. Right now you have less than half the channels of E* and pay half the price, for lower res channels...seems like the right math to me.

D* though gives you HD for 9.99 a month. I have an HD tv, but I refuse to pay dish $20 for HD. I might consider it at $10.

later
JimC

ESPN does not repeat sports like Rush and WorldSport HD. To compare those channels with ESPN or ESPN 2HD is ridiculous. I have never seen repeats on the ESPN's. I have seen many on the VOOM ones though.

I seriously hope you are kidding. SportsCenter is repeated multiple times in a row (depending on what day it is), as I look through the guide for the week right now there are multiple things that say 2006 (hmm, I think that is a repeat) including Poker, NFL Combine, Los Angeles Auto Show, Boxing, Hot Rod TV, Billiards, etc. Believe me I watch the ESPN family of networks a ton, but to say they do not have repeats is nonsense. :confused:

I am talking about live HD events. I am not talking about Sportscenter repeats. Worldsport repeats constant CFL games as well as other events. ESPN does not repeat live HD games and has 10 times the amount of live stuff that any VOOM channel has. If you think VOOM sports compares to ESPN sports when it comes to live HD you are the one who has no clue. Just to compare VOOM sports to ESPN period is absurd.

Add to that 1 RSN (7 if I wanted to pay for the Multi-Sports Pack)

Just a small quibble, but it appears to me that the HD-RSNs only go active for certain major league events. Those are the ones that are generally blacked out, so I don't think having the multi-sports pack would get you anty additional HD content.

I didn't say that it compared to ESPN for live events and that is not the point of my post. And what you say makes no sense. If something is repeated then it is not LIVE. By the way, ESPN does repeat their HD sporting events, as I said before: boxing was originally live, also during college football season they repeat their HD game later in the evening. Also unless the Phoenix Suns are playing the Los Angeles Lakers starting at 3:00AM today they are "repeating a live HD game" tonight. ;) As I said, I watch a great deal of content on ESPN and I'm well aware of what they show. You just need to think about what you are saying before you go spouting off nonsense.

As has been noted in other threads, repeats are very common on other networks as well. Voom might not even be the worst.

What I said was completely understandable to anyone with an IQ over 80. My point is VOOM HD live sports does not compare to ESPN HD live sports. ESPN does not constantly replay sporting events like VOOM does.

No, what you said was:

I have never seen repeats on the ESPN's. I have seen many on the VOOM ones though.

I'm not trying to attack you (as you are me with your dumb IQ comment), I just think you need to take a step back and think about it. That's all.

Yes, you did attack me. I really dont care anymore. My whole point was VOOM can't compare to ESPN when it come to HD sports. If that did not come across clear enough then sorry. I think you understand what I am saying now. At least I hope so. :)

I am starting to get tired of hearing about DISH has more HD channels than everyone. I got DISH last August because of HD but my local Time Warner cable now has just as much relevant HD to me now with more locals in HD. The VOOM channels are what gives DISH its claim but I have found them almost worthless. I am seriously considering going back to cable. My local TWC has 25 HD channels now and none are VOOM crap.

that is too bad. I left D* to come to E* last year and have been very happy. More HD is what I wanted and more HD I got. I did lose the ST (big deal) and maybe MLB (no big deal) but overall no problems here. :up

gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts