Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For new customers in the following DMA's they will be getting setup once again with Western Arc setups effective December 9th. THIS MOVE DOES NOT EFFECT CURRENT CUSTOMERS.

Atlanta, GA
Cleveland, OH
Huntsville, AL
Nashville, TN
Richmond, VA
Birmingham, AL
Detroit, MI
Memphis, TN
Norfolk, VA
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Ft. Myers, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Mobile, AL
Raleigh, NC
W. Palm Beach, FL

For new customers in the following DMA's they will be getting setup once again with Western Arc setups effective December 9th. THIS MOVE DOES NOT EFFECT CURRENT CUSTOMERS.

Atlanta, GA
Cleveland, OH
Huntsville, AL
Nashville, TN
Richmond, VA
Birmingham, AL
Detroit, MI
Memphis, TN
Norfolk, VA
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Ft. Myers, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Mobile, AL
Raleigh, NC
W. Palm Beach, FL

Yet! ;)

What is up with this arc shifting, especially for those in the SE where EA has a good line of site. I wonder if these are the markets they will not be able to get all the locals in HD if 77 or 61.5 spot satellites suffer from launch failure/delays? I wonder if they are hedging their bets so that at least all the customers installed in the next couple of years would not need a replacement dish?

I do not understand the reasoning for this move. Lots of these markets have a much higher elevation angle for EA than they will for WA. I don't think E12 is about to croak...

Edited to add: Yeah, what Mike said.

Western Arc is essentially complete for LiL HD -- There are no announced satellite/launches before the 1H 2013 deadline for LiL HD carry all provisions. So, they must have the capacity plan in place for the requirements on WA. EA has 2 satellites launches before the completion mandate date one at 77 2H 2011 and one at 61.5 2012.

I had the 110, 119, 61.5 mix. I had it changed to this about 3 years ago because the signal from 129 was too weak and I was getting a lot of rain fade. The installer was insisting that he keep me on the Western Arc but I had him call Dish while he was there and they changed the order and agreed to put me on the Eastern Arc. I hope I have not made a mistake. My HD locals are on 61.5.

Just wondering if all of these DMAs are currently on both the Eastern and Western Arcs. I know at least a few of them are on both. Also if any of these DMAs are on both Arcs, will we eventually see them only on the Western Arc?

Still, it seems quite odd to move Richmond and Norfolk, and even Raleigh, to WA.

Just wondering if all of these DMAs are currently on both the Eastern and Western Arcs. I know at least a few of them are on both. Also if any of these DMAs are on both Arcs, will we eventually see them only on the Western Arc?

The Charlotte NC DMA is on both arcs. I have the EA because I can't see the WA because of trees.

yelraek said:
I had the 110, 119, 61.5 mix. I had it changed to this about 3 years ago because the signal from 129 was too weak and I was getting a lot of rain fade. The installer was insisting that he keep me on the Western Arc but I had him call Dish while he was there and they changed the order and agreed to put me on the Eastern Arc. I hope I have not made a mistake. My HD locals are on 61.5.

Yeah, I am in the Birmingham market too. I was on the WA when I was first with Dish. Then when I switched back about 18 months ago they put me on the EA.

A question I'm In rhode island is it possible to have western arc in my area? I know it depends if you have a clear view. I'm on Eastern Arc now.

Chris

I don't see a problem for us in Mobile, AL DMA unless they remove the locals from EA.. Right now we can install either EA or WA, depending on which we have a line of sight for. But if they remove the Locals from EA then we are going to have a lot of LOS issues as well as having to change a lot of existing dishes.

Still, it seems quite odd to move Richmond and Norfolk, and even Raleigh, to WA.

I really makes no sense at all, they added the Harrisonburg Va locals to 119, and where we live(Massanutten, and people in the surrounding Mtns)unless you are in the middle of the valley with few trees you are not going to get LOS for 119, where I am you are lucky to get an EA install

My Guess is Dish has way to much Mpeg-2 Stock on hand and needs to get rid of it.. But this is the most stupid, backing up, thing I have ever seen. They need to be transitioning Western Arc into Mpeg-4.. Not Putting us back to having to stock Mpeg-2 equipment again..