20 DMA'S Moving Back To Western Arc

Ok, so if there are so many open spot beams, where are my HD locals.

They duplicate them all over the place but there are a whole lot of us who only have SD locals available.

Before you start duplicating, fill up the other needs that are out there.

Carriage is another matter. There must be agreements with the local stations, a way to capture the local signals, fiber link to an uplink center, and available space on a transponder. I'm not familiar with your market so I have no idea which of the above apply in your case. It's also possible there is spot beam space elsewhere geographically, but none for your area.

Our area has two spotbeams from different sats and no other uncovered locals in the coverage area. So, we get HD locals on both 61.5 and 129. Some areas do not have extra space on any sats, so some areas do not get any HD loals.

For new customers in the following DMA's they will be getting setup once again with Western Arc setups effective December 9th. THIS MOVE DOES NOT EFFECT CURRENT CUSTOMERS.

Atlanta, GA
Cleveland, OH
Huntsville, AL
Nashville, TN
Richmond, VA
Birmingham, AL
Detroit, MI
Memphis, TN
Norfolk, VA
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Ft. Myers, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Mobile, AL
Raleigh, NC
W. Palm Beach, FL

Almost all of these are East of the Mississippi. Why WA?

Almost all of these are East of the Mississippi. Why WA?

Ciel 2 (129W) was designed with these markets in its spot beams so why not use the spots. They cannot be used for other markets. The original EA markets were those that the 61.5 spots could cover regardless of location. EA markets ranged from the east coast to Kansas. Maybe the new EA spot beam sat will no longer cover these markets. Now they can be covered by either arc which is a plus. Most of the subs in these markets that had hybrid installs 110/119/61.5 have been switched to a pure WA setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts