$200 Temp Charge From Dish Showed Yesterday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Noticed it on my CC online today. I emailed them Saturday about swapping my 622 for a 722, I assume they wouldnt charge me without answering about the swap?

So, the $200 charge is not for the 722 upgrade. Ive called 8003333474 5 times and everyone tells me they have no record of charging me.

Problem is, the $200 went from temp to posted last night so I have officially been charged. It does not bother me that I was charged in error, it bothers me that I was charged in error and they have no record and do not seem to care.

I emailed the CEO address with my issue and all the details. Basically told em if they cant give me and answer on why or what, consider my account canceled and the $200 can go towards my penalty. :mad:

Have you called your CC company to get more details of the charges. Such as where the charges originated from or authorization #?

Have you called your CC company to get more details of the charges. Such as where the charges originated from or authorization #?

Here's what they online statement says:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/21/2007[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/19/2007[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2] 0892 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]VS[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]C[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DISH NETWORK-ONE TIME - 800-333-3474 CO[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]$200.00[/SIZE][/FONT]

Ill call em and see if they have anymore info. When Ive had this in the past, Ive usually been told to call the number next to the charge.

Heres what my autopay charge looks like:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/07/2007[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/05/2007[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2] 4452 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]VS[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]C[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]AUTOPAY/DISH NTWK - 800-333-3474 CO[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]$74.85[/SIZE][/FONT]

In the Dish HD forum you say you have a 722 on the way at a cost of $200. Wouldn't this cc charge be for the 722?

I actually got the folks at the CEO address to exchange my two-week-old 622 for the 722 "free of charge" but today I noticed a $200 charge. I gave a CSR a call and they told me it was for the upgrade and said they had no record of it being free of charge. I already e-mailed the CEO address back to see why this happened. I don't even have the receiver yet and I'm being charged for it. Just in case you'd like to know why they're exchanging it, when I called E* to subscribe a few weeks ago I requested a black HD-DVR. The CSR told me they only had them in silver and that there were no plans to release a black version. Well apparently the 722 was realeased on the 15th, in black, so I decided to e-mail the CEO address to request an exchange. They did have my recorded conversation with the CSR to prove that I originally requested a black HD-DVR so they were nice enough to upgrade me for free. The 622 is a great piece of equipment and I am very happy with it's performance and capabilities but it's just an eyesore in the midst of my all-black home theater components. Anyway, hopefully the charge will be taken off soon for both you and I.

Did you keep your email with the guys name and the free offer? Its always a good practice the keep emails, I try and store them for up to two years.

So you guys are getting DISH to swap out recent 622 installs for a 722?

I wonder if that will work for me too, since we had a 622 installed just a few weeks ago.

elwaylite,
Yeah I've got backups of the e-mails and I'll be sure to keep them until I see that charge disappear.

Neutron,
If you've got a pretty good reason for them to swap it out, they'll do it. It also helps to be within your first month of service too. You can tell them that HD-On Demand is very important to you and that's why you need the 722. In my case it was as simple as me wanting a different color, but I didn't make that up and they have a recorded conversation to prove it. To be quite honest with you all, I could care less for the 500 Gig HDD and I will rarely, if ever, order HD-On Demand so the only reason I wanted mine swapped was because of the color.

So you guys are getting DISH to swap out recent 622 installs for a 722?

I wonder if that will work for me too, since we had a 622 installed just a few weeks ago.

Yepp, just go thru the CEO email. I sent them my name, phone number on account and told them I had a ViP622 and wanted to know the price for a 722 swap. He gave me his direct phone number and told me to call him. All you have to do is call em and its an upfront payment.

Hmm... I just emailed them and was told they aren't doing this.

Weird.

Heres a copy of my reply from CEO:

Jason,

Thanks for the email and your interest in HD programming. You are eligible to upgrade your 622 to a 722 under our Dish’n it up promotion for $199.00 upfront. Unfortunately, we do not have any other programs in place to upgrade our existing customers with a 622 HD DVR to a 722 HD DVR.

If you would like any further details on the Dish’n it up promotion or about anything else, please let me know. Have a great rest of the day!

Well,

CEO rocks again.

Guy just called me and said they traced it to an account for Tammy in TN. She was a non payer and they charger her(ME) $200.

Now I get to call my Visa company and tell em to issue me new cards just in case :down

Last edited:
Just got a response from CEO and they have removed the $200 charge from my account. These guys are so helpful it's hard to believe they work for the same company as rest of the E* employees.

Just got a response from CEO and they have removed the $200 charge from my account. These guys are so helpful it's hard to believe they work for the same company as rest of the E* employees.

I agree, the guy i talked to about my fraudulent $200 charge was great, much better than the yahoos you get by calling the 800 number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)