DSL phone filters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gernskin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
What troubles if any will I run in to if I connect Dish recievers to phone jacks that have DSL filters.

What troubles if any will I run in to if I connect Dish recievers to phone jacks that have DSL filters.
You need to use the DSL filter or your receiver will have trouble dialing out. I learned the hard way.:( Now with filter, no problems mon.:)

Slightly different version of this question. Can I use a wireless phone jack w/ DSL filter? Do all of my receivers (1 HD, 3 std.) need to be connected to avoid the extra charge?

Dsl Filters

Slightly different version of this question. Can I use a wireless phone jack w/ DSL filter? Do all of my receivers (1 HD, 3 std.) need to be connected to avoid the extra charge?

When you have DSL everything needing a phone line is supposed to have a DSL filter, EXCEPT the DSL modem. The filters block the high frequency DSL signal to avoid problems with your telephone equipment. So your wireless phone base should have a filter between it and the wall plug. Same for fax machines, dial-up modems, and regular telephones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts