DSL phone filters

gernskin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
What troubles if any will I run in to if I connect Dish recievers to phone jacks that have DSL filters.

What troubles if any will I run in to if I connect Dish recievers to phone jacks that have DSL filters.
You need to use the DSL filter or your receiver will have trouble dialing out. I learned the hard way.:( Now with filter, no problems mon.:)

Slightly different version of this question. Can I use a wireless phone jack w/ DSL filter? Do all of my receivers (1 HD, 3 std.) need to be connected to avoid the extra charge?

Dsl Filters

Slightly different version of this question. Can I use a wireless phone jack w/ DSL filter? Do all of my receivers (1 HD, 3 std.) need to be connected to avoid the extra charge?

When you have DSL everything needing a phone line is supposed to have a DSL filter, EXCEPT the DSL modem. The filters block the high frequency DSL signal to avoid problems with your telephone equipment. So your wireless phone base should have a filter between it and the wall plug. Same for fax machines, dial-up modems, and regular telephones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)