2006 MLB Season

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
Ok MLB fans,with the 2006 MLB season approaching us soon,which teams do you expect to see in the ALCS,NLCS and World Series?

I'll tell you who you wont see: The Reds! They are going to suck for at least one more if not several years. With Marge's dismateling the farm system and the change of ownership along with the lack of real pitching, no amount of big bats will do a damned thing! Hopefully Castelini will breathe life into the Reds in a way that Chiquita Bananna boy Lidner couldn't.

See ya
Tony

You won't see the Pirates, Marlins, Devil Rays, Tigers, Royals, brewers, reds, and rockies; I feel that all other teams will have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

I have a bad feeling if Clemens does not come back, we will not be defending much.....although I could be wrong :)

Alcs Twins vs. Angels, Twins in 6
Nlcs Phillies vs. Padres, Padres in 5
same prediction as last year Twins vs. Padres
Twins in 5

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
I'll tell you who you wont see: The Reds!
havent heard much of them since Larkin left, I really did like Jose Guillen eventhough he's a jerk
I thought guillen was a red once, i could be wrong
the stars are sean casey and austin kearns?
kearns probavly wont do much this year

Last edited:
IF baseball ever gets it head out of its rectal passage and does the TRUE revenue sharing thing. then does the salary cap , then and only then will all the teams have a chance.

stienbrenner is a freakin p*mp and violates/uses the rules as no man has done since al davis of the nfl raiders.

IMHO

dragon002 said:
IF baseball ever gets it head out of its rectal passage and does the TRUE revenue sharing thing. then does the salary cap , then and only then will all the teams have a chance.

stienbrenner is a freakin p*mp and violates/uses the rules as no man has done since al davis of the nfl raiders.

IMHO

Actualy , you are partially correct, Stienbrenner actually does a great job, (when he stays out of the rest of the teams business. He buys players and expects the best from the players.... He can afford them all, Because of what you stated above....
No salery cap or revenue sharing

Jimbo

dragon002 said:

IMHO

Agreed, Baseball really needs a salary cap. I believe what Stienbrenner is doing is seriously hurting the game. There are soooo many teams that will never be competitive as long as Stienbrenner keeps doing what he is.

Look at the NFL, it has flourished under the salary cap, year to year any team can walk away as Superbowl champs, if a team does not perform it's because of poor management, scouting, coaching, and drafting.

When Stienbrenner has a problem all he has to do is throw money at it, and that is very bad for Baseball.

shugo77 said:
Agreed, Baseball really needs a salary cap. I believe what Stienbrenner is doing is seriously hurting the game. There are soooo many teams that will never be competitive as long as Stienbrenner keeps doing what he is.

Look at the NFL, it has flourished under the salary cap, year to year any team can walk away as Superbowl champs, if a team does not perform it's because of poor management, scouting, coaching, and drafting.

When Stienbrenner has a problem all he has to do is throw money at it, and that is very bad for Baseball.

Disagree somewhat. I love the NFL and think it has a good thing going, but it has it's own problems as well. I reallly don't think a salary cap in baseball would solve anything. It's all about the market during any given free agent year. Take a look at ARod's salary, you don't see those contracts anymore, b/c they are too hard to unload.

In baseball you have to put a good product on the field to keep your fan base and keep butts in the seats. This applies to 75% of the teams in the league. Having money to spend doesn't necessarily guarantee that.

Look at the A's and the Twins. The Twins have been above .500 for the past 3 or 4 years. The A's are a big time threat again this year. If they can get off to a better start this year, the A's will win the AL West. No matter what, you are still at the mercy of poor management, scouting, coaching and drafting. The Twins and A's should be a model for all small market teams.

Big salary teams will fail more often than not b/c of the massive ego's within the clubhouse. Its all about chemistry and the leadership in the clubhouse. Take the White Sox last year, like him or not, Ozzie Guillen was the leader of that team as was Paul Konerko. They were middle of the road on payroll as well...$75 mil.

Baseball does not need a salary cap! Contraction is needed. Why have 30 teams when you can't support them? After we get down to 20 teams than you might be able to have some type of a salary cap. Why support cities that have no desire to field a competive team, but pad the pockets of the owners. Some of you folks might not like this, but when the Yankees start building their new stadium, paid for by the Yankees, my man George has found a loop hole where he will not be required to pay the luxury tax while paying for the new stadium. There again look at the difference, Yankees pay their way, Twins want help from City and State and the people are saying no. Again good example of the fans not supporting the team but they want the Yankees to support them.

jlhugh said:
The Rangers won't make it either. I am 31 years old and I don't for see they will ever make it to the WS in my lifetime. I guess it is fun to watch them try.

I think if the Angels, Marlins and Astros can make it, the Rangers can as well. They may need new ownership so never say never.... Keep the faith...

Signed.... Die-Hard Cub Fan!!

shugo77 said:

I agree with your statements, however, there are no laws currently baseball wise that would prevent him from spending the money he does.
So he is only doing what would help his team.

You all wish your owner would spend the money to get the players you wish you had.

Until MLB changes the rules ...salery cap or some other way, the yankees will continue to out spend everyone and have the best players.

Only good thing about it is the enjoyment I get each year when they lose in the playoffs :up

Jimbo

With opening day upon us now,does anyone out there have any picks or predictions for the AL/NL Division winners,League Champs and eventual World Series Champs?

It will be a Cards vs White Sox World Series. The Cardinals will finally win their first World Series since 1982.

Many predictions are already out there. Many have these teams in the playoffs

AL East --- Yankees
AL Central --- White Sox
AL West --- A's or Angels
AL WC --- Indians or Red Sox

NL East --- Mets or Braves
NL Central --- Cardinals (Every analysis I heard so far has locked the Red Birds to Win the Central)
NL West ---- (Who cares since it is the worst division in Baseball) Giants (with Steroid Bonds)
NL WC --- Braves or Mets

C.C. Sabathia left the game early last night before the rain started. Hopefully he is ok because if he has to be out for a long time it will diminish the Indians chances to make it.