2007 MLB Playoffs

Who on God's green earth thought that these times would be best for the baseball viewing public ????

Thanks alot MLB and TBS.

For all of those Cubs fans that waited so long to see them in the playoffs again.
You get your games STARTING at 10:05 PM (3 out of 5)
Instead of being in PRIME TIME .....

Actually NO ONE plays in Prime Time.

You figured that the Yankees would be in Primetime , because they ALWAYS are ..... NOPE

Games are all over the map.
Early rounds start at 1 pm, this is the only Normal time I could find, they use to start at 1 pm when I was a kid.

NO game starts at 7:30 or 8
There are 1 pm, 5 pm 6 pm and 10 pm
Opps, I forgot the 3 pm ones
This is OK IF they are weekends games, but NOT for during the week.

This is absolutely pathetic.

Well at least the NFL is already playing games.

Jimbo

I have to agree with Jimbo (and we rarely do :D ). These times are absolutely ugly. Luckily, there are DVRs. Otherwise we will never be able to watch these games.

I have to agree with Jimbo (and we rarely do :D ). These times are absolutely ugly. Luckily, there are DVRs. Otherwise we will never be able to watch these games.

Sean,
We agree from time to time, it just depends on what we are discussing is all !

The Yankees are the favorite to win it all ????

You've got to be kidding ....

That said, they could possibly do it, as much as I would be bored with it and may or may not pay attention to it.

I like to see the underdogs win .....

That would be EVERYONE else apperantly.

Jimbo

Who on God's green earth thought that these times would be best for the baseball viewing public ????

Thanks alot MLB and TBS.

For all of those Cubs fans that waited so long to see them in the playoffs again.
You get your games STARTING at 10:05 PM (3 out of 5)
Instead of being in PRIME TIME .....

Actually NO ONE plays in Prime Time.

Actually the Diamondbacks vs Cubs games are prime time here in Arizona. Until you all do that whole daylight savings thing and then they will be an hour earlier. :)

Sean,
We agree from time to time, it just depends on what we are discussing is all !

The Yankees are the favorite to win it all ????

You've got to be kidding ....

That said, they could possibly do it, as much as I would be bored with it and may or may not pay attention to it.

I like to see the underdogs win .....

That would be EVERYONE else apperantly.

Jimbo

I was wondering why the Yankee's were such heavy favorites too, until i saw their record against the other AL teams. They whipped Cleveland all season, and had a winning record against Boston. Can't remember how they did against the Angels. Combine that with no real standout teams in the NL, and I can almost see how the oddsmakers came up with those numbers. Personally, I think when the playoffs start, you can throw the regular season numbers in the circular file. History says so.

GO CUBS!

What happened Yankees? This was supposed to be a showdown of the Best Pitching vs. Best Hitting. Well, game 1 proved that the Tribe was better in both of those categories spanking the Yanks 12-3! And if Wang is you're best pitcher, you can kiss you chances in living up to every media prognosticators predictions in being the favorite to win the World Series! You got to be kidding me! It's about time that the world actually witnesses the talent and pure enjoyment that our team in Cleveland plays with. Goddamn this is fun!

Go Tribe!
(I'll be at the game tonight! Carmona vs. Pettitte)

I was wondering why the Yankee's were such heavy favorites too, until i saw their record against the other AL teams. They whipped Cleveland all season, and had a winning record against Boston. Can't remember how they did against the Angels. Combine that with no real standout teams in the NL, and I can almost see how the oddsmakers came up with those numbers. Personally, I think when the playoffs start, you can throw the regular season numbers in the circular file. History says so.

GO CUBS!
I can tell you how they did against the Angels, the same way they always do...the Angels are repeatedly the only AL team that routinely defeats the Yankees. If Anaheim gets by Boston, they will likely be in the World Series. Boston is the ONLY team that gives the Angels problems. Don't count the Halos out yet!

GO CUBS!

The Yanks didn't face Sabathia during the entire regular season. They got a taste of him last in last night's 12-3 drubbing though.......

The Yanks didn't face Sabathia during the entire regular season. They got a taste of him last in last night's 12-3 drubbing though.......

Sabathia did not pitch that great. He was in trouble all night... Let's say that the Indians hitting was more on the mark than the pitching for game 1. ;)

Sabathia did not pitch that great. He was in trouble all night... Let's say that the Indians hitting was more on the mark than the pitching for game 1. ;)

You're right, Sabathia wasn't as sharp as he usually is. The first inning woes probably had a little something to do with the adrenaline from being in front of his home crowd. I did however think he settled down well although he uncharacteristically walked 6 players and threw 114 pitches before leaving after the 5th inning. I admired the way he continued to battle his way out of tough innings with players on base despite not having his best stuff. Despite his so called struggles, C.C. only give up 4 hits and 3 runs! If that is a bad outing, I like our chances......

Looks like it may be over for the Cubbies. Rockies are playing like they have a mission this year. How about Rockies/BoSox series?

logo1.gif

that's funny... every series is 0-2 or 2-0 this year. All losing teams are up against the wall. I will not be surprised if all are eliminated and the winning team complete the sweeps.

Cubs go down again. No big surprise there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts