2008 NFL Predictions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
AFC

EAST
New England........12-4
Buffalo................9-7
NY Jets...............7-9
Miami..................4-12

NORTH
Cleveland.............11-5
Pittsburgh............10-6 (WC)
Cincinnati.............7-9
Baltimore..............3-13

SOUTH
Indianapolis............11-5
Jacksonville............11-5 (WC)
Tennessee..............9-7
Houston.................7-9

WEST
San Diego................13-3
Oakland...................8-8
Denver....................7-9
Kansas City..............4-12

AFC PLAYOFFS

WILDCARD ROUND
(3) Indianapolis over (6) Pittsburgh
(4) Cleveland over (5) Jacksonville

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(1) San Diego over (4) Cleveland
(2) New England over (3) Indianapolis

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
San Diego over New England :(

NFC

EAST
Dallas....................................12-4
Philadelphia..........................10-6 (WC)
NY Giants...............................9-7
Washington...........................6-10

NORTH
Minnesota.............................11-5
Detroit....................................8-8
Green Bay..............................7-9
Chicago..................................4-12

SOUTH
New Orleans.........................10-6
Carolina..................................9-7 (WC)
Tampa Bay.............................6-10
Atlanta...................................2-14

WEST
Seattle................................10-6
St. Louis...............................8-8
Arizona................................6-10
San Francisco......................5-11

NFC PLAYOFFS

WILDCARD ROUND
(3) Seattle over (6) Carolina
(5) Philadelphia over (4) New Orleans

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(1) Dallas over (5) Philadelphia
(2) Minnesota over (3) Seattle

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Minnesota over Dallas (I had Dallas earlier, but I changed my mind)

SUPER BOWL XLIII
San Diego over Minnesota

AWARDS

MVP: Tom Brady (NE)

ROY: Jonathan Stewart (CAR)

COACH: Brad Childress (MIN)

COMEBACK PLAYER: Donovan McNabb (PHI)

I don't know yet. I have to think about my predictions. You got the Giants 9-7. I'm surprised-Super Bowl Champs and all. The Pats losing in the AFC Champ. I don't know about the Pats. I think the Pats are going to be out for blood. I think they are going to be a nasty team.

Carolina in the playoffs? Bit of a stretch.

BTW, when the Bears play the Falcons in Week 6, that will decide who drafts #1 in the 2009 Draft.

The vikings are going nowhere near the Superbowl with tarvaris jackson as the quarterback, but then again he will be hurt like always

You got the Giants 9-7. I'm surprised-Super Bowl Champs and all.

That's no intended disrespect to the SB champions. I just think the strength of the team has been EXTREMELY weakened. Losing Strahan and now Osi to what was the league's premier D-line, is a very big cross to bear.......too big, IMO. Plus the G-Men play in one of the top two divisions (AFC South is the other) in the NFL.

The vikings are going nowhere near the Superbowl with tarvaris jackson as the quarterback, but then again he will be hurt like always

I agree the Vikings QB situation is a huge question mark. However, they have arguably the NFL's best defense AND best running back. THAT is usually a pretty good combination.

I think calling it a "stretch" is a stretch. Could the Panthers NOT make the playoffs? Of course that could happen, I just think they're good enough to sneak into the playoffs in a relatively weak conference.

BTW, when the Bears play the Falcons in Week 6, that will decide who drafts #1 in the 2009 Draft.

The Ravens, Dolphins, and Chiefs all play in the vastly superior AFC, so they should all challenge for the #1 also.

AFC East
Patriots 12-4 Weak schedule mask that this team is getting old and worn down.
Jets 10-6 Farve gives hope for this year, but backups need to develop.
Bills 8-8 Two step forward, one step back. Future potential for the Bills is good.
Dolphins 4-12 Fins in same deal with Pennington as Jets, and need the same result.

AFC South
Colts 12-4 Colts need to keep it's stars healthy to make another run.
Texans 10-6 This years suprise team, has enough of right pieces to compete.
Jaguars 9-7 The more I see the Jaguars, the more I see a "Tin-Man" team.
Titans 6-10 If not for FG's, the Titans wouldn't score.

AFC North
Steelers 10-6 Steelers returning to bread and butter, Run the ball, timely passing.
Browns 8-8 Last years darling don't get the breaks this year. Both lines look slow.
Bengals 7-9 Undisiplined, Primmadonnas, Hypocrites. Problem is no one really cares.
Ravens 5-11 Young offense, old defense. Not a good mix.

AFC West
Chargers 13-3 It's now or never for Chargers, the window is starting to close
Broncos 7-9 Broncos are a mess, The heat may finally hit Shanahan.
Raiders 6-10 Excuses, Excuses, The "talent" the Raiders have better start paying off.
Chiefs 4-12 You play to win the game...in about 3 years.

Playoff Teams: Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Jets and Texans.
AFC Champion: Chargers

NFC East
Cowboys 12-4 Deepest team in the NFL. Is the third time the charm for Romo in the playoffs?
Redskins 10-6 Talent is not the problem, keeping them healthy is. Darkhorse for the NFC title.
Giants 10-6 Defense is strong, but Manning needs to be less erratic for a chance to repeat.
Eagles 8-8 Shutters are closed, covered with plywood, nailed shut and tagged in graffiti.

NFC South
Saints 9-7 Fun team to watch, but makes too many mistakes. Defense still has big leaks.
Buccaneers 8-8 Tough and gritty team, but too many retreads not enough playmakers.
Panthers 6-10 Very overrated team, Delhomme, RB's, Peppers, John Fox, the whole lot.
Falcons 4-12 Falcons realized they needed to clean house, hopefully lesson learned.

NFC North
Packers 11-5 Pack can win the division, get in the playoffs and fans may still call it a failure.
Vikings 9-7 You can't hide your QB in the NFL and expect to go anywhere. Run Adrian Run.
Lions 7-9 You can't hide behind a jouneyman QB in the NFL and expect to go anywhere.
Bears 5-11 Hard to believe that this team was in the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

NFC West
Seahawks 11-5 At Qwest Field plays like a lion, away from Qwest Field plays like a lamb.
Cardinals 8-8 Can't do it, they have the chips in place to win, but it's the Cards, Just can't do it.
Rams 4-12 This franchise is in freefall. Thanks to 49ers, they avoid the cellar.
49ers 3-13 Making a run with the Lions as the worst run team in the NFL.

Playoff Teams: Cowboys, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Redskins and Giants
NFC Champion: Cowboys

Super Bowl Champion: San Diego Chargers

AFC East

Patriots: 13-3- Their defense is getting older, but their offensive cogs are still young. Don't forget that Laurence Maroney's only in his third year, so they have a guy to build around for the future.
Bills: 9-7- They have some good offensive pieces and will scare some teams, but need to work on their defense
Jets: 8-8- Mr. Attention Hog will make things a bit better, but they'll give up too many points
Dolphins: 3-13- They have a LOOOOOONG way to go before they can become respectable.

AFC South
Colts: 12-4- They are still in mint condition. With Harrison getting older, they'll need to rely on Gonzalez and Dallas Clark a lot more in the passing game.
Jaguars: 11-5- 'Tin-man team?' Yeah, right. 'Tin-man' teams don't convert key fourth downs on the road in a hostile place like Pittsburgh or make the Patriots sweat. If you want to find a 'Tin Man' team, go to Big D.
Texans: 9-7- They're not there yet, but they are on the verge. Andre Johnson HAS to stay healthy.
Titans: 8-8- They are stuck in a trapped division, and I don't trust their recieving corps.

AFC North
Browns: 11-5- Say hello to the Midwest version of Air Coryell!
Steelers: 10-6- They have to play better on D- they have good offensive pieces.
Bengals: 7-9- They will score a ton, but give up WAAAAAY too many points.
Ravens: 4-12- Over/Under: 20 INT's for Flacco?

AFC West
Chargers: 14-2- They have adjusted to Norv, and they have a great shot to go all the way with their talent.
Raiders: 8-8- They have the pieces to break through, and can feast on a soft schedule.
Broncos: 6-10- The descent into mediocrity is underway.
Chiefs: 4-12- Musical Quarterbacks bring down the contributions of Gonzalez and L.J.; oh, and this time, Larry Johnson will be ready to play.

Playoff teams: Chargers, Patriots, Jaguars, Browns, Steelers, Bills
AFC Champions: Jaguars

NFC East
Cowboys- 13-3: We all know about their passing game, but keep an eye out on Felix Jones. He and Marion Barber will be impossble to stop.
Eagles: 10-6- They're not close to being done. They have a bit of time left. It's all about staying healthy, plain and simple.
Giants: 9-7- Key losses on defense, Shockey's gone, and they have a HUGE bullseye on their chest. Dallas and many others will be out for blood.
Redskins: 8-8- Jason Taylor getting old, so they have to ride the quarter of Campbell, Moss, Cooley, and Portis.

NFC South
Saints: 11-5- They have a prolific offense, and the rest of the NFC South is not capable of winning shootouts.
Buccaneers: 8-8: The defense is getting older, and Mr-I'm-married-to-a-Playboy-Playmate will realize that he can't just throw to Galloway and nobody else.
Panthers: 8-8- It's make or break for John Fox.
Falcons: 2-14: Let the rebuilding begin.

NFC North
Vikings: 12-4- Their rushing and the defense are great. Tavarais needs to be conservative, ala Trent Dilfer in 2000 and not make mistakes.
Lions: 9-7- There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Packers: 8-8- Filling a legend's shoes isn't always easy. This won't be like Montana and Young in San Francisco.
Bears: 1-15- No good QB's, no RB's, and Berrian's gone. The Bears are indeed WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, and they'll get crowned by their opponents in brutal fashion every week.

NFC West
Cardinals: 10-6- The pieces are in place. It's time for the Cardinals to soar with their lethal passing game.
Seahawks: 9-7- Their questionable recieving corps will catch up to him.
49ers: 6-10- They won't be pathetic, but they have a bad offense. GIVE THE BALL TO FRANK GORE ON EVERY PLAY!
Rams: 3-13- Wherefore art thou, Kurt Warner?

Playoff Teams:
Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Eagles, Lions
NFC Champions: Cowboys

Super Bowl:

Chargers over Cowboys

It's ironic that two years ago the Seahawks had arguably the deepest set of WR's in the NFL. The 2006 group of Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, Darrell Jackson, Nate Burleson, and D.J. Hackett was very formidable.

AFC East

Patriots: 13-3- Their defense is getting older, but their offensive cogs are still young. Don't forget that Laurence Maroney's only in his third year, so they have a guy to build around for the future.
Bills: 9-7- They have some good offensive pieces and will scare some teams, but need to work on their defense
Jets: 8-8- Mr. Attention Hog will make things a bit better, but they'll give up too many points
Dolphins: 3-13- They have a LOOOOOONG way to go before they can become respectable.

AFC South
Colts: 12-4- They are still in mint condition. With Harrison getting older, they'll need to rely on Gonzalez and Dallas Clark a lot more in the passing game.
Jaguars: 11-5- 'Tin-man team?' Yeah, right. 'Tin-man' teams don't convert key fourth downs on the road in a hostile place like Pittsburgh or make the Patriots sweat. If you want to find a 'Tin Man' team, go to Big D.
Texans: 9-7- They're not there yet, but they are on the verge. Andre Johnson HAS to stay healthy.
Titans: 8-8- They are stuck in a trapped division, and I don't trust their recieving corps.

AFC North
Browns: 11-5- Say hello to the Midwest version of Air Coryell!
Steelers: 10-6- They have to play better on D- they have good offensive pieces.
Bengals: 7-9- They will score a ton, but give up WAAAAAY too many points.
Ravens: 4-12- Over/Under: 20 INT's for Flacco?

AFC West
Chargers: 14-2- They have adjusted to Norv, and they have a great shot to go all the way with their talent.
Raiders: 8-8- They have the pieces to break through, and can feast on a soft schedule.
Broncos: 6-10- The descent into mediocrity is underway.
Chiefs: 4-12- Musical Quarterbacks bring down the contributions of Gonzalez and L.J.; oh, and this time, Larry Johnson will be ready to play.

Playoff teams: Chargers, Patriots, Jaguars, Browns, Steelers, Bills
AFC Champions: Jaguars

NFC East
Cowboys- 13-3: We all know about their passing game, but keep an eye out on Felix Jones. He and Marion Barber will be impossble to stop.
Eagles: 10-6- They're not close to being done. They have a bit of time left. It's all about staying healthy, plain and simple.
Giants: 9-7- Key losses on defense, Shockey's gone, and they have a HUGE bullseye on their chest. Dallas and many others will be out for blood.
Redskins: 8-8- Jason Taylor getting old, so they have to ride the quarter of Campbell, Moss, Cooley, and Portis.

NFC South
Saints: 11-5- They have a prolific offense, and the rest of the NFC South is not capable of winning shootouts.
Buccaneers: 8-8: The defense is getting older, and Mr-I'm-married-to-a-Playboy-Playmate will realize that he can't just throw to Galloway and nobody else.
Panthers: 8-8- It's make or break for John Fox.
Falcons: 2-14: Let the rebuilding begin.

NFC North
Vikings: 12-4- Their rushing and the defense are great. Tavarais needs to be conservative, ala Trent Dilfer in 2000 and not make mistakes.
Lions: 9-7- There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Packers: 8-8- Filling a legend's shoes isn't always easy. This won't be like Montana and Young in San Francisco.
Bears: 1-15- No good QB's, no RB's, and Berrian's gone. The Bears are indeed WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, and they'll get crowned by their opponents in brutal fashion every week.

NFC West
Cardinals: 10-6- The pieces are in place. It's time for the Cardinals to soar with their lethal passing game.
49ers: 6-10- They won't be pathetic, but they have a bad offense. GIVE THE BALL TO FRANK GORE ON EVERY PLAY!
Rams: 3-13- Wherefore art thou, Kurt Warner?

Playoff Teams:
Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Eagles, Lions
NFC Champions: Cowboys

Super Bowl:

Chargers over Cowboys

Not so sure about "light" at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel is too long to see the "light" just yet.

I can agree with most pics but you guys are going a little nuts with San Diego representing the AFC. Merriman WILL break down...and once he does, that Super Bowl chance is gone. I think it will still be either Jacksonville or Indy.

It could the 4th straight year that New England has NOT WON to the Super Bowl, can we please stop calling them a "dynasty"...?!!:rolleyes:

I can agree with most pics but you guys are going a little nuts with San Diego representing the AFC. Merriman WILL break down...and once he does, that Super Bowl chance is gone. I think it will still be either Jacksonville or Indy.

It could the 4th straight year that New England has NOT WON to the Super Bowl, can we please stop calling them a "dynasty"...?!!:rolleyes:

Merriman or No Merriman, San Diego should go undefeated in the AFC West.
That's already 6 wins, even if they go .500 against the rest that gives them 11 wins.
Factor in the wins from last years playoffs that took the monkey of it's back.
The stars have aligned, this is the year for them to win it.

As a huge Giants fan, I agree they had some some key losses; however, they are the Champions and for the most part, look great. Do I think they will repeat . . . I honestly do not know . . . but I think fans and the media are getting crazy saying the Dallas Cowboys are the second coming of Christ this year . . . for all I care, they can go undefeated all season . . . two years to have a home playoff game and you lose it . . . I am sorry i am not crowning you pre-season champs with that recent record!

Merriman or No Merriman, San Diego should go undefeated in the AFC West.
That's already 6 wins, even if they go .500 against the rest that gives them 11 wins.
Factor in the wins from last years playoffs that took the monkey of it's back.
The stars have aligned, this is the year for them to win it.

AND New England SHOULDA gone undefeated last year....Games are NOT played on paper. And like my ole buddy use to say:

....."shoulda, coulda, woulda...and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.....";)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts