2009-2010 Satellite Guys Fantasy Basketball Registration!

I have to put Pau Gasol on IR, is there a reason I can not pick up free agent until Thursday?

The system is set up where a free agent has to clear waivers (2 days) before they are awarded to a team.

Typically, the waiver order is awarded on a worst to first basis. (For instance, the lowest scoring team has the right to claim a player before the highest scoring team). Being the season hasn't started yet, I'm pretty sure it's just a default and the player will be awarded to that team on a first come first serve scenario. The 2 day wait period is just a formality.

Oh, 1 more reminder.....

I believe the rosters will be locked for a week at a time. That is how long a fantasy matchup lasts in Fantasy Basketball. Make sure the roster you set before tonights game is the lineup you're set with for the entire upcoming week.

I do wish the roster wasn't locked for a week at a time. The best NBA fantasy leagues I've played in allowed you to switch the roster daily. Really allows your fantasy ability to come thru.

I do wish the roster wasn't locked for a week at a time. The best NBA fantasy leagues I've played in allowed you to switch the roster daily. Really allows your fantasy ability to come thru.

I disagree. Allowing you to switch daily would just award the owners who swap players out on a daily basis. There's no thought to that. Plus, in a 6 month season it would get tedious in changing your rosters on a nightly basis.

In locking them through the entire length of your weekly matchup, it takes more thought as you actually have to gameplan against your opponent that week.

I disagree. Allowing you to switch daily would just award the owners who swap players out on a daily basis. There's no thought to that. Plus, in a 6 month season it would get tedious in changing your rosters on a nightly basis.

In locking them through the entire length of your weekly matchup, it takes more thought as you actually have to gameplan against your opponent that week.

You can still plan your roster a week at a time with daily changes, you just go day to day. But, if injuries etc happen, it allows you to make changes, get new players, etc. The weekly way, if you get 2 injuries in the week, you're screwed. With the weeky roster I actually don't even look at my opponent, I only look at where I can get the most possible opportunities for points. When i;ve played the daily, I look much more at the opponent. The first time I ever played weekly was the baseball league this year and I lost interest in about a month. I should have asked which you were doing before I joined.

I have done them both and I prefer the weekly. With the daily rosters, guys were always switching out for players that all played that day....no semblance of a roster after your first 7 or so. In this you have to decide, is so and so worth starting with only three games when another player on your roster may have 4 that week.

I have done them both and I prefer the weekly. With the daily rosters, guys were always switching out for players that all played that day....no semblance of a roster after your first 7 or so. In this you have to decide, is so and so worth starting with only three games when another player on your roster may have 4 that week.

For me, the switching to play players who have games that day is part of the fun. You can do it 1 time for the whole week and get the most benefit out of your roster. The weekly seems boring to me. Plus, It really punishes injuries, etc. Not enough thrill in the weekly game for me.

I like weekly for basketball. Daily works for baseball because all of the players have a game 6-7 days a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)