Browns
Patriots
Eagles
49ers

Losers

Raiders
Lions
Jets

A few days after the draft, I'm starting to see what Mangini was up to after all. By trading the #5 pick to the Jets and down 2 more times, we ended up with 6 additional players in total. We didn't get the sexy picks I was looking for, but we went the safe route by drafting smart, good character, known commodities.

The Browns ended up with the Jets’ second rounder, the Buccaneers 6th rounder and the Eagles 6th rounder. In addition they got three players who have already saved us the trouble by making an NFL roster before. Safety Abram Elam, who the Browns tried to sign this off-season already, backup quarterback Brett Ratliff, and defensive end Kenyon Coleman are all headed to the Browns.

BTW, funny you rank the Jets as losers. ESPN ranked the Jets and Packers as having the two best drafts this year.

Woah! You were right Salsa. I'm shocked with this pick! There were at least 3 WR's ranked ahead of him!

I am not surprised after what I was hearing about Michael Crabtree and Maclin....it was very disappointing. BUT, this kid looks really good and has great speed and hight.

A few days after the draft, I'm starting to see what Mangini was up to after all. By trading the #5 pick to the Jets and down 2 more times, we ended up with 6 additional players in total. We didn't get the sexy picks I was looking for, but we went the safe route by drafting smart, good character, known commodities.

I wish I shared your optimism. I hadn't heard of Mack until a week before the draft, but I guess I'll give the Browns the benefit of the doubt on that one.....we've been b**ing about getting O-linemen for years, so hopefully this pick works out.

Robiskie instead of Maulaluga? Seriously? Massaquoi? Another possession-type receiver....Really? A DE from HAWAII??? The same Hawaii that gives up 70 points a game? C'mon!

WHY? Because they didn't pick the trendy pick? Neither did 3 or 4 other teams and picked Crabtree and Maclin did not get picked till around 20th, from what I heard....:rolleyes:

Wow, you really must drink the silver and black kool-aid - ESPN had to stop short of calling Davis senile at this draft

Wow, you really must drink the silver and black kool-aid - ESPN had to stop short of calling Davis senile at this draft

ESPN??!! Do you comb Mel Kipers hair? His driver?:rolleyes:

Oakland selects Darrius Heyward-Bey at No. 7...Jeremy Maclin is the consensus mock draft choice for the Raiders, if they pick a receiver, because he is the explosive receiver owner Al Davis covets. However, Darrius Heyward-Bey's superior size, 40 times and ability to fight for the ball in the air will make him the pick. DHB's inconsistent hands are a concern, but Maclin's limited route-running in Missouri's offense is also a concern for scouts who wonder if he will ever be more than a special-teams contributor. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

The Maclin thing was proven right when he was drafted 20th....

Like I said, trying getting info FROM OTHER SOURCES......ESPN is great at reporting, mediocre AT BEST at investigating....they hit a big one once very few years....:rolleyes:

NFL Day 1 Draft Grades

nfl-day-one-report-card1.gif

Silly tidbit....

With their 6th round selection, the Browns drafted CB Don, middle name: "Juan" (I'm not kidding) Carey from Norfolk State. And believe it or not, his birthday is Valentine's Day!

Between him and Brady Quinn, they will seduce the hell out of the pretty women of Cleveland! Watch out Carmella!

WHY? Because they didn't pick the trendy pick? Neither did 3 or 4 other teams and picked Crabtree and Maclin did not get picked till around 20th, from what I heard....:rolleyes:

Michael Mitchell might be the worst draft pick in the history of the draft.

The raiders track record speaks for itself. Russel, Huff, Gallery, ect. Nuff said.

I wish I shared your optimism. I hadn't heard of Mack until a week before the draft, but I guess I'll give the Browns the benefit of the doubt on that one.....we've been b**ing about getting O-linemen for years, so hopefully this pick works out.

Robiskie instead of Maulaluga? Seriously? Massaquoi? Another possession-type receiver....Really? A DE from HAWAII??? The same Hawaii that gives up 70 points a game? C'mon!

Sky, we surely passed on some sexy picks. However, by trading down we accumulated 4 projected starters in the first two rounds. I don't think any other team in the league can lay claim to that.

C Alex Mack (1st round, pick #21)
DE Kenyon Coleman (via trade)
S Abram Elam (via trade)
WR Brian Robiskie (2nd round, pick #4)

I was all about Rey Maualuga, but it is very telling how many teams passed him by, including New England and Pittsburgh. Maybe they know something we don't. Either way, we'll have an up-close and personal look at Rey's career as he is now in on our division rival Bungles.

Michael Mitchell might be the worst draft pick in the history of the draft.

The raiders track record speaks for itself. Russel, Huff, Gallery, ect. Nuff said.

And you are calling Russell a bust? Did you SEE the the offensive line he had...and WHO he had to throw to? And as much as I never liked Gallery, ESPECIALLY with Fitzgerald available, he had been playing out of position until last year.....

So when you HAVE something to share about the Raiders OTHER than your 15 seconds of ESPN....come talk to me....:rolleyes:

More than ESPN giving the Raiders an F. It's not the fact they didn't go with 'trendy' picks, it's just because of who they picked, period. They were all but laughing openly at Oakland's first two picks on NFLN. There was even stunned silence with the 2nd. If Mitchell is some prodigy worth taking multiple rounds before his evaluated talent, then he would have played much better against his weaker college opponents.

And ya, there has been bust talk about Russel this offseason due to accuracy, but he's still got time to prove himself so it doesn't really matter. If the Raiders do well at all this year and he struggles though, you could very easily see a Leinart/Warner situation develop with him/Garcia.

Sky, the following is a first hand report on David Veikune from a Browns fan from Hawaii, copied from a local Browns forum. Everything I'm reading about this kid from people in the know is stellar....

Hello Browns Fans! I'm a Hawaiian and have seen David play pretty much every snap of his career here at the U of H. First off, many of the reports about his "non stop" motor, ability to get to the QB and versatility are all true. Let me add to the "known" reports:

1. He is a natural pass rusher that is very fluid in his motion.
2. Plays with a mean streak.
3. Very stout against the run. (His 35 reps are support this), kid is as strong as an ox.
4. Although some reports say he is not athletic enough. Not sure what they are seeing. I see athletic ability when a kid can change direction on a dime and take the correct angle of pursuit. Also, you don't block 2 or 3 field goals in a season and not be an athlete.
5. His best game of the season last year came against, National Champ Florida. The guy was on virtually every tackle. Can play sideline to sideline.
6. Will NEVER quit on a play.
7. Did I say mean streak?
8. Can drop back in coverage, looks very natural doing it.
9. Has decent hands (played tight end before).
10. Will be a demon on special teams. Head hunter for sure, like #51 Thompson who now plays for Texans.
11. I don't like the Teddy Bruschi comparison. To me, he is even more athletic than that.
12. Lunchpale and hard hat kind of guy.

He will be a fan favorite for sure. Best of luck David! Go Warriors and Browns!

More than ESPN giving the Raiders an F. It's not the fact they didn't go with 'trendy' picks, it's just because of who they picked, period. They were all but laughing openly at Oakland's first two picks on NFLN. There was even stunned silence with the 2nd. If Mitchell is some prodigy worth taking multiple rounds before his evaluated talent, then he would have played much better against his weaker college opponents.

And ya, there has been bust talk about Russel this offseason due to accuracy, but he's still got time to prove himself so it doesn't really matter. If the Raiders do well at all this year and he struggles though, you could very easily see a Leinart/Warner situation develop with him/Garcia.

I take ANYTHING that ESPN comes up with with a grain of salt OTHER than reporting. I LIKE the 1st pick after what I had read in OTHER sites about Crabtree(which was a huge disappointment to hear) and there must of have been something to his ankle operation issue because he was drafted 10th when 4 teams(including the Raiders) that NEEDED/COULD HAVE USED a WR passed up hon him(Chiefs, Seahawks and Jax)

...oh and Maclin....drafted 19th....that ALSO showed there were concerns about his route running....

As far as Russell, UNTIL the Raiders get DECENT play from the WR corp....you can bring Dan Marino in his prime and he could not done better with the WR they had to start the season.

Random thoughts at the start of May

Something special for Yankee Fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)