2009 Panasonic 32" LCD - New Toy

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Decided to pick up a bedroom tv, to use while mines getting repaired.

Should do fine

IMG_1906.jpg

Cool.

Ill be taking the 85u down for pickup tomorrow, so Ill prob watch a BR on the LCD to see how it looks. Gonna be weird going from a 50" to a 32" :D

Cool.

Ill be taking the 85u down for pickup tomorrow, so Ill prob watch a BR on the LCD to see how it looks. Gonna be weird going from a 50" to a 32" :D

Maybe at first. I have a 56" in main room and a 32" in bedroom. My kids and I often use the 32" by choice because we can sprawl on the bed. We have gotten to the point where the difference isn't a big deal.

I just watched about 20 minutes of it during the prison break season finale (720p ota) and it looks darn good from about 4 feet.

It has the same pic modes as my plasma, and the cinema mode is nice and dark like my tv is, I like it.

Pic is very sharp, but it does not have the blacks or the color of the plasma :)

Wife got home from outta town so I swapped the L32C12 in for the 50" 85u (goes to shop tomorrow) in the middle of the Incredible Hulk on AmaxHD. After you get used to the size difference, the PQ is real good.

Im using stock Cinema settings, just bumped the backlight from 30 to 50.

Congrats! I looked at both the 32" Panasonic and Samsung (450) as a bedroom TV last year, and in hindsight wish I had went for the Panny due to an audio problem with the 450 that Sammy refuses to acknowledge or release a FW update for. The Samsung's picture is still quite good, and I decided to put the Roku I just bought this week in the bedroom to give me one more reason for watching that TV more. (My GF, who's not as particular about PQ as I am also prefers TV watching in the bedroom.) I had already put a Panny BD35 in the bedroom and really enjoy the quality of upconverted DVDs on that TV.

Just touched it up, still love this little LCD. Use it every Saturday during College football as a 2nd TV.

Grayscale dE 2.3 (Blue has to be higher at bottom and top, to make middle equal out and not be high red)
L32C12Gray23dE102011.jpg

Gamma 2.03
L32C12Gamma203102011.jpg

L32C12CMS102011.jpg

Having fun with the new meter, tuned the old LCD up again. Been a great 2nd fball set. I may finally get something bigger though around Christmas, been thinking about an LG plasma in the 40-50" range.

PannyLCDfL041613_zps1262b14b.png

PannyLCDgrayscalegamma041613_zps7f33e4b5.png

PannyLCDgamut041613_zpsbc016d08.png

Not bad for not having CMS controls and only 2 point grayscale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)