new hughesnet jupiter 3 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggarzatx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
weslaco texas
works great for live tv services...unlimited internet with no data caps.... great option for cord cutting on rural areas..
new hughesnet speed.JPG

Reactions: HipKat
works great for live tv services...unlimited internet with no data caps.... great option for cord cutting on rural areas..
View attachment 167500
You still have a data cap. says this-

200 GB Priority Data
Unlimited Standard Data**

Standard is the slow as spit speed, you can buy more priority data, but just to get to 1000GB ( most data caps), you will be spending a extreme amount of money, StarLink (unlimited) will seem like a bargain.

then this-

Your service plan comes with a set amount of Priority Data each month, which is always prioritized ahead of Standard Data on the network. Your Priority Data automatically resets with each billing cycle. If you use all your Priority Data, Standard Data kicks in automatically. There's no limit on how much Standard Data you can use, so you'll never get cut off or pay overage fees.

Reactions: HipKat and Foxbat
priority data on the huhgesnet network will only be used.only on network congestion times......this data is not allowence...

I don't know. With Starlink as a more sensible option. Although startup pricing may be more. Ka band satellite data still suffers from rain fade, complete signal loss during snow, heavy fog. And yes. "Brick wall" drop in bandwidth speed when you use your allocated data in the plan.
It's amazing how many Hughesnet dishes you see at the recycling centers and beside the roads in metal-only collection places.
All I know is that the people in my area who dove in and got Starlink. They love it. A no-surprises experience.
No sweeping the dish in heavy snow. Little if any weather effects. The 'dishy' is heated and can be parked vertically to rid it of any snowfall. And quite portable if you wish to take a little camping excursion.
In cases where you wish to get a deal. There is used equipment out there. Not really knowing why that is so unless like me. REC installed fiber in my area and the infrastructure is finalized. A bit cheaper than Starlink.

Fine print tells it all. The end experience tells more I guess.

The more connected devices you have, the quicker you will consume your Priority Data. Hughesnet is not recommended as a full-time video streaming replacement for TV service or console-based gaming activities because they quickly consume your Priority Data. Multiplayer games requiring rapid response are only supported with Hughesnet Fusion plans. VPNs, where you sign into a VPN application to access your work network directly, will significantly reduce service speeds. All plans are subject to the Hughesnet Subscriber Agreement.

**Monthly Fee reflects the applied $5 savings for ACHⓘ enrollment. Enroll before the 2nd billing cycle for continued savings.

Service plans require a 24-month commitment. Equipment Lease or Purchase fees extra.

priority data on the huhgesnet network will only be used.only on network congestion times......this data is not allowence...
From the above post that Aron provided, that proves you incorrect and then I found this-

no rumors im a hughesnet dealer//been since 12 years...

Shows that someone should research everything, especially since what you posted about priority data seems to be untrue.

Since Hughes is losing subs to StarLink, -264,000 in 2022, rumored to be more in 2023, not much life yet in it.

I don't know. With Starlink as a more sensible option. Although startup pricing may be more. Ka band satellite data still suffers from rain fade, complete signal loss during snow, heavy fog. And yes. "Brick wall" drop in bandwidth speed when you use your allocated data in the plan.
It's amazing how many Hughesnet dishes you see at the recycling centers and beside the roads in metal-only collection places.
All I know is that the people in my area who dove in and got Starlink. They love it. A no-surprises experience.
No sweeping the dish in heavy snow. Little if any weather effects. The 'dishy' is heated and can be parked vertically to rid it of any snowfall. And quite portable if you wish to take a little camping excursion.
In cases where you wish to get a deal. There is used equipment out there. Not really knowing why that is so unless like me. REC installed fiber in my area and the infrastructure is finalized. A bit cheaper than Starlink.

The more connected devices you have, the quicker you will consume your Priority Data. Hughesnet is not recommended as a full-time video streaming replacement for TV service or console-based gaming activities because they quickly consume your Priority Data. Multiplayer games requiring rapid response are only supported with Hughesnet Fusion plans. VPNs, where you sign into a VPN application to access your work network directly, will significantly reduce service speeds. All plans are subject to the Hughesnet Subscriber Agreement.

**Monthly Fee reflects the applied $5 savings for ACHⓘ enrollment. Enroll before the 2nd billing cycle for continued savings.

Service plans require a 24-month commitment. Equipment Lease or Purchase fees extra.
i i have installed couple accounts since the december 19th..i have followed up with cxs....3 tvs with live tv....with ultra hd...no issues..cx says his proity data is still at 98%.......i have no reason to miss informed nobody.....as a hughesnet installer,,,this new J3 is very competive with any rural serevice....

Reactions: arlo

i i have installed couple accounts since the december 19th..i have followed up with cxs....3 tvs with live tv....with ultra hd...no issues..cx says his proity data is still at 98%.......i have no reason to miss informed nobody.....as a hughesnet installer,,,this new J3 is very competive with any rural serevice....
Number one. If you live in a rural area and your local ISP provides service (cable/fiber). It should be your first go-to.
Reliability in all weather. No data caps (usually). And no up front costs.
Plus as I know to be absolutely true. Your local ISP does not work through resellers. How do I know?
Here we have a call center. Imperion. Who have campaigns for Dish, Direc, etc. They sit at the phone all day trying to get subscribers. And they do. After the sale. People needing tech. support have to go through the regular rigamarole of waiting on hold to speak with someone from Malaysia, India.
Hence dead dishes on the house, at recycling centers. Or you receiving a used, peanut butter splotched modem.
Fine. I think Cristina covers it well. And because as far as I know. Elon doesn't deal with resellers or campaigns.
Both are expensive. Yeah. Even though I pay around 55 bucks a month for 100mbps cable broadband, the powers that be decided I could have 200mbps. With no data caps at all. I can stream all day and night and write crud like this and never ever worry of being 'brick-walled'. And.
How-much-latency? Let's document in numbers how slow you do go when you cap. I bet it's a lot.
But again. Can't blame a dude for trying to make a buck. Right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiB00ZgK2IA

Number one. If you live in a rural area and your local ISP provides service (cable/fiber). It should be your first go-to.
Reliability in all weather. No data caps (usually). And no up front costs.
Plus as I know to be absolutely true. Your local ISP does not work through resellers. How do I know?
Here we have a call center. Imperion. Who have campaigns for Dish, Direc, etc. They sit at the phone all day trying to get subscribers. And they do. After the sale. People needing tech. support have to go through the regular rigamarole of waiting on hold to speak with someone from Malaysia, India.
Hence dead dishes on the house, at recycling centers. Or you receiving a used, peanut butter splotched modem.
Fine. I think Cristina covers it well. And because as far as I know. Elon doesn't deal with resellers or campaigns.
Both are expensive. Yeah. Even though I pay around 55 bucks a month for 100mbps cable broadband, the powers that be decided I could have 200mbps. With no data caps at all. I can stream all day and night and write crud like this and never ever worry of being 'brick-walled'. And.
How-much-latency? Let's document in numbers how slow you do go when you cap. I bet it's a lot.
But again. Can't blame a dude for trying to make a buck. Right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiB00ZgK2IA

will see bunch people cryng soon ,,when elon musk starts selling his bandwith to the automobile industry......star link is not for evryone....super expencive,,to start is almost $600 upfront.....with hughesnte is less than $100.... im talking about rural services...of course fiber and cable should first option....if is available...

Reactions: AZ.
This is wrong. Someone is feeding you bad information.

This is wrong. Someone is feeding you bad information.
you ore wrong!!!,,because im monitoring those accounts personally...... 15 days of use and proirity data is at 98%..... this is no joke.. ......i have installed more than 15 accounts.......and cxs or extremly happy...period....!!!!!

you ore wrong!!!,,because im monitoring those accounts personally...... 15 days of use and proirity data is at 98%..... this is no joke.. ......i have installed more than 15 accounts.......and cxs or extremly happy...period....!!!!!
Are these straight J3 accounts?

Even if true, you have no idea what these people are streaming, if at all, could just be web surfing as far as you know, if you do know what they are doing online, even puts more meaning in my last paragraph.

Now is it one account at 98% or is it all 15 you are supposedly monitoring, if so, weird they are all at the same number.

By the way, I do not want any salesman/installer monitoring my account, find that kinda creepy.

Even if true, you have no idea what these people are streaming, if at all, could just be web surfing as far as you know, if you do know what they are doing online, even puts more meaning in my last paragraph.

Now is it one account at 98% or is it all 15 you are supposedly monitoring, if so, weird they are all at the same number.

By the way, I do not want any salesman/installer monitoring my account, find that kinda creepy.
i have 5 of those cxs with youtube tv.... an other 3 that stream iptv ....including cameras ,,and i have a good relationship with my cxs... they or informing me on a daily basis ,,the new app... on cxs phone and tablets monitors the usage....!!! cant under stand all this ingnorance...

the select runs 70 t0 95 mbps..is $64.99 the elite is $74.99 150 to 200 mbps the fusion plan is $99.99 speed is 200mps.the new radio is 2watts i will wistand bad weather... plus,,all ground gateways and hughesnet servers is all fiber optic now......big upgrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.