Looking for new 43” UHD

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Hi guys, I’m looking to get a new 43’’ (has to be that size to fit in a cabinet) TV for my bedroom and I’m looking a UHD tv and I saw a few $300 options at Costco, but neither had 2.1 HDMI connects. I didn’t know how important that was. I have Dish with a Joey 4 connected now and occasionally have a PS5 connected. Any suggestions? I don’t want to break the bank for something I only watch at night before bed.

Thanks!

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
43" and UHD don't really go together other than having access to HDR/WCG (which is important if it is available). The recommended viewing distance on a 43" UHD-1 TV (6') is shorter than a twin bed (6'3").

I think you're probably better off looking at Walmart, Best Buy or Target for a TV of that size as they'll offer a wider selection.

It is also helpful to offer up what some of the content you're looking to consume and what kind of a sound system you're connecting to. The main impetus behind HDMI 2.1 is probably >5.1 surround sound with a TV that small unless you're driving it with a high-zoot gaming console or computer.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Sony and LG both make a 42" OLED.
Bedrooms might be a place where OLED truly shines. Unfortunately, the price premium is extreme (the Sony sells for $1,300 and the LG for $1,150) unless you're bedridden.

I'd get rid of the entertainment center and get a properly sized TV before I shredded that kind of money on a small TV.

Reactions: KAB
Do you have the new Google OS-based Joey 4 or the older Joey 4K? If it’s the older Joey 4K, having HDMI 2.1 probably isn’t that big of a deal.

You might also find that HDMI 2.1 sets will be starting closer to $700.

I have a new Joey 4… the only reason I was thinking I’d like 2.1 hdmi is because of PlayStation 5 but I don’t really think it is an issue on that size of a tv. I will take a look at Best Buy and target to see the difference in the TVs. Thanks for all the good comments!

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts