Looking for new 43” UHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Hi guys, I’m looking to get a new 43’’ (has to be that size to fit in a cabinet) TV for my bedroom and I’m looking a UHD tv and I saw a few $300 options at Costco, but neither had 2.1 HDMI connects. I didn’t know how important that was. I have Dish with a Joey 4 connected now and occasionally have a PS5 connected. Any suggestions? I don’t want to break the bank for something I only watch at night before bed.

Thanks!

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
43" and UHD don't really go together other than having access to HDR/WCG (which is important if it is available). The recommended viewing distance on a 43" UHD-1 TV (6') is shorter than a twin bed (6'3").

I think you're probably better off looking at Walmart, Best Buy or Target for a TV of that size as they'll offer a wider selection.

It is also helpful to offer up what some of the content you're looking to consume and what kind of a sound system you're connecting to. The main impetus behind HDMI 2.1 is probably >5.1 surround sound with a TV that small unless you're driving it with a high-zoot gaming console or computer.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Sony and LG both make a 42" OLED.
Bedrooms might be a place where OLED truly shines. Unfortunately, the price premium is extreme (the Sony sells for $1,300 and the LG for $1,150) unless you're bedridden.

I'd get rid of the entertainment center and get a properly sized TV before I shredded that kind of money on a small TV.

Reactions: KAB
Do you have the new Google OS-based Joey 4 or the older Joey 4K? If it’s the older Joey 4K, having HDMI 2.1 probably isn’t that big of a deal.

You might also find that HDMI 2.1 sets will be starting closer to $700.

I have a new Joey 4… the only reason I was thinking I’d like 2.1 hdmi is because of PlayStation 5 but I don’t really think it is an issue on that size of a tv. I will take a look at Best Buy and target to see the difference in the TVs. Thanks for all the good comments!

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)