2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

Sandra....in the past NO ONE out-Yankeed the Yankees. It was not even close. This some coming season, yeah, the Yanks will more than likely win more than 85+ games....hell, maybe even 90 and make the playoffs....but they do NOT have the team to win a series or two in the playoffs.

LOL you've decided the same team that swept a series last year has no chance to win one next year! Always good for a laugh around here...you can't make this stuff up.

Sandra

LOL poor Yankees how will they ever get by? For a whole bunch of years out-Yankeeing the Red Sox and Phillies didn't work so well. ;)

Sandra

I am not saying they will be sellar dwellers by any means. They are just hurting for pitching. The Reds pitching staff will be better than theirs.

LOL you've decided the same team that swept a series last year has no chance to win one next year! Always good for a laugh around here...you can't make this stuff up.

Sandra

Their team is old and the years will start showing eventually. More so than has already happened. Jeter had his worse year last year.

Their team is old and the years will start showing eventually. More so than has already happened. Jeter had his worse year last year.

Meh. This is all partially true. I would not predict Mariano or A-Rod will slow down yet. Posada will be replaced behind the plate, his bat will move to DH. We can be hopeful for better years from Texeira, Burnett, Chamberlain, and Jeter. Derek may have had a bad year this year, but he had arguably his best year last year. We'll see.

Cano is just a baby. Hughes was a starter for the first time last year. Gardner has large potential upside. Swisher is what he is.

And I'm not convinced Crawford was the best signing for Boston. A corner outfielder who does not hit home runs and relies on his legs, and will be getting up in years? We'll see. That signing could look good at first but backfire in the long run.

Cliff Lee is out of the AL, which is a good thing, and the Yankees may not be done yet. Let's wait and see.

I would only worry if my team played in the NL East and is not named the Phillies.

Sandra

Maybe Cliffy was scarred his lacadasical, ho-hum attitude wouldn't be tolerated in New York, so he chose to go where less lights will be shining on him....

1292344956-cliff-lee-catch.jpg

Maybe Cliffy was scarred his lacadasical, ho-hum attitude wouldn't be tolerated in New York, so he chose to go where less lights will be shining on him....

1292344956-cliff-lee-catch.jpg

Doubtful. Philly fans are pretty hard-core. If he wanted low-key he would have stayed in Texas.

Sandra

You did not address this.

Sandra

Didn't know it was a questioned posed to me. But yes, I "decided" that they will more than likely not make the playoffs. What happend last year will have NO BARRING this year. Teams have changed rosters, players have moved on, gotten older gotten worse or gotten better. Last year is done and over with. If they do make the playoffs, depending who they play in the playoffs, may not have enough pitching or hitting(depending who they face) to win a series. YES, that is opinion.

Didn't know it was a questioned posed to me. But yes, I "decided" that they will more than likely not make the playoffs. What happend last year will have NO BARRING this year. Teams have changed rosters, players have moved on, gotten older gotten worse or gotten better. Last year is done and over with. If they do make the playoffs, depending who they play in the playoffs, may not have enough pitching or hitting(depending who they face) to win a series. YES, that is opinion.

May not? That I can agree with, the Yankees definitely may not. But that also applies to Boston, the Angels, Minnesota, and now Texas too. The Phillies? We'll be happy to worry about that in the World Series. ;)

But 'may not have enough...' is a lot different from your first proclamation that I challenged...

but they do NOT have the team to win a series or two in the playoffs.

Your backtracking is understandable.

Sandra

Last edited:
The Yankees did outbid Texas and Philly, but Lee chose Philly. Do you seriously think that's the first time something like that has ever happened?

Sandra

Nope. I know it has happened before. But I this time a MAJOR FA said no to Yankee money. That SELDOM has happend form what I recall.

May not? That I can agree with, the Yankees definitely may not. But that also applies to Boston, the Angels, Minnesota, and now Texas too. The Phillies? We'll be happy to worry about that in the World Series. ;)

But 'may not have enough...' is a lot different from your first proclamation that I challenged...

Your backtracking is understandable.

Sandra

No backtracking....it was based on my opinon. Your splitting hair because we are stating something OTHER than worshiping the Yankees....is ALSO understandable.:rolleyes:

The Red Sox got better with the addition of Crawford. The Phillies got better by adding Lee. The Yanks are left "hoping" they get better production out of their players than last year. I doubt they'll go into the regular season without making a move. What do they have to offer KC for Zach Grienke?

The Red Sox got better with the addition of Crawford. The Phillies got better by adding Lee. The Yanks are left "hoping" they get better production out of their players than last year. I doubt they'll go into the regular season without making a move. What do they have to offer KC for Zach Grienke?

Here is what I saw today....

Sources: Jays, Nats after Zack Greinke
By Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com

Now that Cliff Lee has decided to sign with the Philadelphia Phillies, the focus will inevitably shift to Kansas City's Zack Greinke, a 27-year-old former Cy Young Award winner and everybody's favorite Plan B.

Baseball sources said that Kansas City general manager Dayton Moore is actively gauging the market for Greinke, and that both the Yankees and Rangers rank down the list of potential fits for Greinke. The reason: Neither team has enough of the commodity that Moore is seeking in trade.

The Royals have a wealth of pitching talent in the minor leagues, a hot first-base prospect in Eric Hosmer, an elite young third baseman in Mike Moustakas and a hard-hitting catcher, Wil Myers, who is probably going to have to shift to the outfield in the majors. As a result, sources say, Moore has focused on adding up-the-middle position players who are close to major league ready. And neither the Yankees nor the Rangers provide the best match for Kansas City.

Makes sense IF infact, the Royals are really that loaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)