2010 NBA Playoffs

Like I said in the poll.. Boston in 5. Can happen yup
Had a great time at the game @ staples..

Well, whoever predicted Lebron James would overshadow the NBA finals was right...at least in this forum, if not the rest of the world. No posts at all with the series 1-1 going back to Boston for game 3? Hmmm. But the Lebron free agency thread is still going strong... :rolleyes:

OK, here are my $1.5 billion cents...

1. Not sure why exactly, but I do enjoy thinking about all the stars they show at Laker games leaving the game unhappy when the Lakers lose.

2. Anyone see the Modern Family episode where Phil and Gloria went to the Laker game and they wound up on the Kiss-Cam? Gloria is Phil's very sexy 'step-mother-in-law'. Very funny.

3. Dwight Howard looks better in a T-shirt, but Pau Gasol is the best Big in the NBA. You can have Superman, I'll take the guy with the straggly hair. Gasol plays the full game...defense, rebounding, and his offense is AMAZING.

4. The Celtics went from 'old' to 'experienced' once already. How many more fluctuations will there be?

5. Still don't like the 2-3-2 format. If the NHL can do 2-2-1-1-1 in the finals, so can the NBA. Changes the whole dynamic.

6. The NBA should do the right thing and let ESPN/ABC announcers handle the game, but let the TNT studio guys handle everything else. I love Breen, Jackson and Van Gundy together, but I miss Sir Charles and the TNT boys. Even though they did the right thing and tossed Screaming Stephen A Smith, the ESPN studio show still doesn't measure up.

7. Cleveland without Lebron would be a mess, but the Lakers without Kobe would still be pretty good. Probably not NBA finals good, but pretty good.

8. I LOVED Kobe's quote when they asked him about Lebron's free agency. He dismissed the question with disdain...'Look, I'm going to try to say this politely...I don't give a **** about that'. Good for Kobe, he's trying to win ANOTHER championship, and some knucklehead reporter is asking him about someone who never even came close to that.

9. Rondo is going to need more rest than he got in game two. Can Nate Robinson hold up his end of the bargain? Not sure, he's been OK so far...but he is, after all, still Nate Robinson.

10. So right about Lamar Odom. He went from being a beast in early playoff rounds to being a bust so far in the finals.

OK, we now return to our regularly scheduled Lebron Soap Opera. Sorry to interrupt the fluff with opinions about games that are actually being played. ;) :rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Well, whoever predicted Lebron James would overshadow the NBA finals was right...at least in this forum, if not the rest of the world. No posts at all with the series 1-1 going back to Boston for game 3? Hmmm. But the Lebron free agency thread is still going strong... :rolleyes:

OK, here are my $1.5 billion cents...

3. Dwight Howard looks better in a T-shirt, but Pau Gasol is the best Big in the NBA. You can have Superman, I'll take the guy with the straggly hair. Gasol plays the full game...defense, rebounding, and his offense is AMAZING. I will STILL stake Dwight Howard, Gasol has hit his peak. Kobe being his teammate has ALOT to do with his numbers. He was the SAME player in...where was he again before he was here getting alot of media attention....:confused:;):rolleyes:

5. Still don't like the 2-3-2 format. If the NHL can do 2-2-1-1-1 in the finals, so can the NBA. Changes the whole dynamic. AND to add to that, it seems like the NBA format takes longer to play out.

6. The NBA should do the right thing and let ESPN/ABC announcers handle the game, but let the TNT studio guys handle everything else. I love Breen, Jackson and Van Gundy together, but I miss Sir Charles and the TNT boys. Even though they did the right thing and tossed Screaming Stephen A Smith, the ESPN studio show still doesn't measure up. I LOVE the team of Breen, Jackson and Van Gundy. I think Van Gundy tell it bluntfully like it is about players, coaches AND the league and he rubs people the wrong way because of that....and I LOVE IT. I wonder if that is the reason he has not been rumored in too many jobs that have/were available....?:rolleyes:

7. Cleveland without Lebron would be a mess, but the Lakers without Kobe would still be pretty good. Probably not NBA finals good, but pretty good. I have NO CLUE where you are getting this notion that they would be a mess?:confused: I have yet to find alot of people that would agree to this. BUT, we are both entitled to our opinion I guess.....;)

8. I LOVED Kobe's quote when they asked him about Lebron's free agency. He dismissed the question with disdain...'Look, I'm going to try to say this politely...I don't give a **** about that'. Good for Kobe, he's trying to win ANOTHER championship, and some knucklehead reporter is asking him about someone who never even came close to that. Hmmmm...can you tell it has gotten under his skin, all this talk about who is the best player in the league? Who can blame him, who has been in the NBA Finals MORE in the last 6-7 years MORE than Kobe has?

9. Rondo is going to need more rest than he got in game two. Can Nate Robinson hold up his end of the bargain? Not sure, he's been OK so far...but he is, after all, still Nate Robinson. I think Nate is quite the player...and one that is not gonna need more than 20+ minutes to be very effective on BOTH ends of the court.

10. So right about Lamar Odom. He went from being a beast in early playoff rounds to being a bust so far in the finals. Lamar has TWO things to his defense. ONE, Boston player 100 times better team defense than Phoenix will ever play. 2ndly, bit has ALOT more bigger, SMARTER and stronger big men than Phoenix does.

OK, we now return to our regularly scheduled Lebron Soap Opera. Sorry to interrupt the fluff with opinions about games that are actually being played. ;) :rolleyes:

It's ONLY fluff if you make it fluff....I think the banter has been fun, engaging and is in step with what the REST of the NBA fans are talking about. Let's be honest, the Lakers and the Celtics, because of the great success...are two of the most hated franchise of all the popular professional sports league. And besides, sometimes speculating about where the biggest name in all of basketball is going is alot fun....and this is THE most highly anticipated free agent pool of ANY SPORT in decades.

Sandra

;)

Game 3 means..... everything!

Interesting tidbits:

• In the 2-3-2 series format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on all 10 occasions.

• On the defensive end, Boston's magic number to win is 95. The Celtics are 12-0 when allowing 95 or fewer points this postseason. Boston is 1-6 when allowing 96 points or more.

• Remember that the Celtics were 3-0 at home against the Lakers in the 2008 NBA Finals, including the 39-point clincher in Game 6. Boston's averaging margin of victory in those three games was 18.3 points. Games 3, 4 and 5 will be played in Boston.

• The Lakers were just 23-18 on the road in the regular season, which was tied for third-best in the Western Conference and tied for sixth in the NBA. Los Angeles is 4-4 on the road in the postseason

• Rondo is the barometer for the Celtics. In the 2010 postseason, when Rondo's plus/minus is +2 or better, Boston is 13-0. When it is +1, even or negative, Boston is 0-6.

3. Dwight Howard looks better in a T-shirt, but Pau Gasol is the best Big in the NBA. You can have Superman, I'll take the guy with the straggly hair. Gasol plays the full game...defense, rebounding, and his offense is AMAZING. I will STILL stake Dwight Howard, Gasol has hit his peak. Kobe being his teammate has ALOT to do with his numbers. He was the SAME player in...where was he again before he was here getting alot of media attention...

Gasol has hit his peak? His performance in this year's playoffs dwarfs his performance of two years ago. He is dominating.

7. Cleveland without Lebron would be a mess, but the Lakers without Kobe would still be pretty good. Probably not NBA finals good, but pretty good. I have NO CLUE where you are getting this notion that they would be a mess?
confused.gif
I have yet to find alot of people that would agree to this. BUT, we are both entitled to our opinion I guess.....
wink.gif

Most in here agreed Cleveland would not make the playoffs if you took Lebron off the team. I only rememer you saying they would, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Some of us said they would be pretty bad. As I said the Lakers, on the other hand, would be pretty good without Kobe.

It's ONLY fluff if you make it fluff....I think the banter has been fun, engaging and is in step with what the REST of the NBA fans are talking about.

Exactly. That's why people said Lebron would overshadow the NBA finals, even though others disagreed...you know who you are. ;)

Sandra

3. Dwight Howard looks better in a T-shirt, but Pau Gasol is the best Big in the NBA. You can have Superman, I'll take the guy with the straggly hair. Gasol plays the full game...defense, rebounding, and his offense is AMAZING. I will STILL stake Dwight Howard, Gasol has hit his peak. Kobe being his teammate has ALOT to do with his numbers. He was the SAME player in...where was he again before he was here getting alot of media attention...

Gasol has hit his peak? His performance in this year's playoffs dwarfs his performance of two years ago. He is dominating.

7. Cleveland without Lebron would be a mess, but the Lakers without Kobe would still be pretty good. Probably not NBA finals good, but pretty good. I have NO CLUE where you are getting this notion that they would be a mess?
confused.gif
I have yet to find alot of people that would agree to this. BUT, we are both entitled to our opinion I guess.....
wink.gif

Most in here agreed Cleveland would not make the playoffs if you took Lebron off the team. I only rememer you saying they would, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Some of us said they would be pretty bad. As I said the Lakers, on the other hand, would be pretty good without Kobe.

It's ONLY fluff if you make it fluff....I think the banter has been fun, engaging and is in step with what the REST of the NBA fans are talking about.

Exactly. That's why people said Lebron would overshadow the NBA finals, even though others disagreed...you know who you are. ;)

Sandra

I thought I saw only 2 people state they would not make the playoffs...one was you and the other Paul.

IF you do not think Gasol being on a better team AND having probably the best player in the playoffs since MJ has anything to do with his numbers......well, never mind.:rolleyes:

The ONLY reason that the Lebron subject gets heavy hits here MORE than the NBA Finals is because we have some very passionate Cavs fans here who are outspoken about their team and their star. Hell, we only have 2 that hit the site hard...most of the rest are 'drive by shooters'. IF it weren't for HD and SKY, the playoff thread with definately be getting more attention. IF some cannot see that....well.....what can I say?:rolleyes:;)

The ONLY reason that the Lebron subject gets heavy hits here MORE than the NBA Finals is because we have some very passionate Cavs fans here who are outspoken about their team and their star. Hell, we only have 2 that hit the site hard...most of the rest are 'drive by shooters'. IF it weren't for HD and SKY, the playoff thread with definately be getting more attention. IF some cannot see that....well.....what can I say?:rolleyes:;)

Am I a drive-by shooter?

IF you do not think Gasol being on a better team AND having probably the best player in the playoffs since MJ has anything to do with his numbers......well, never mind.

Not talking about 'numbers'. I'm talking about being a basketball player.

And if you're watching the playoffs and you cannot see that Gasol is a better player right now than Howard regardless what team he's on...well, never mind. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Not talking about 'numbers'. I'm talking about being a basketball player.

And if you're watching the playoffs and you cannot see that Gasol is a better player right now than Howard regardless what team he's on...well, never mind. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Right NOW, there is NO DOUBT that Gasol is the best Big Man playing in the playoffs. But where was ALL this love when he played on that crappy ass Memphis team BEFORE the Lakers...??!! Yeah.....I thought so. So if anyone that knows anything about basketball, the players AROUND have alot to do with your play AND your stats. He had the same if not slightly better numbers BEFORE he was a Laker. And where was your gushing then? Yeah, nowhere to be found. He is getting his cred NOW because he is a good player PLAYING in the NBA Finals with one of the best players and best teams on the NBA.

AND if you ask every GM in the NBA right now, you have a chance to start a team and you have Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard to by your main big man, who would you take? I would say MORE than half would take Howard.

AND if you ask every GM in the NBA right now, you have a chance to start a team and you have Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard to by your main big man, who would you take? I would say MORE than half would take Howard.

Only because Howard is five years younger. You left that part out of course. :rolleyes:

Gasol is still evolving as an NBA player, and Howard...not so much. Howard's offense is no better than it was two years ago. Gotta wonder how much upside Howard really has beyond what he's already shown. He's been in the league what...seven years now?

Sandra

Another reason to hate soccer

2010 U.S. Open (PGA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)