2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

After hearing all about Hossa and his Stanley Cup Jinx, I couldn't resist putting this up:

a0163b8345ad01d63d25a8a.png

Troll troll troll. Reminds me of the dora the explorer episode my girls watch.

Hossa is a bum. -1 for the finals, congrats on the cup.

Good Job chicago. Only took half of the Wings front office and some of their players, but hey you won right?

Good Job chicago. Only took half of the Wings front office and some of their players, but hey you won right?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

One for each Stanley Cup the Wings have !!!!

:):):):)

One for each cup the Wings have won SINCE the Blackhawks did it last.

WHAT is with all this hatorade just because Chicago has some players and front office people from Detroit...??!! WHO cares?! I mean if they were SO important to the Red Wings organization, why didn't they try harder to keep them? This happens ALL the time with EVERY professional sport. ALL the professional league are copy cat leagues. Look at the success of the New Englad Patriots....EVERYONE wanted to copy what they did successfully and run with it.

WHAT is with all this hatorade just because Chicago has some players and front office people from Detroit...??!! WHO cares?! I mean if they were SO important to the Red Wings organization, why didn't they try harder to keep them? This happens ALL the time with EVERY professional sport. ALL the professional league are copy cat leagues. Look at the success of the New Englad Patriots....EVERYONE wanted to copy what they did successfully and run with it.

AMEN!!!!!!! :up

Your looking at it in the wrong direction.....
It wasn't about not wanting to keep them.

Scotty Bowman left after his Son BEGGED him to help out in Chi-town, Scotty had a Lifetime agreement with the Wings and Mr. I.

The players left so they could get more playing time, they could not crack the line up enough to be on the top 2 lines. (Hossa being the exception).

Kopecky is a very good player and I hated to see him go, gritty tough guy.
Hossa left to chase the cup, I would have hated to see the Hawks lose this year as Hossa would have been going to the Flyers next.

Lieno in Philly is there and playing VERY well, just didn't show the same determination when he was in Detroit as he is in Philly, change of scenery created more playing time for him and he's shined.

Your looking at it in the wrong direction.....
It wasn't about not wanting to keep them.

Scotty Bowman left after his Son BEGGED him to help out in Chi-town, Scotty had a Lifetime agreement with the Wings and Mr. I.

The players left so they could get more playing time, they could not crack the line up enough to be on the top 2 lines. (Hossa being the exception).

Hossa left to chase the cup, I would have hated to see the Hawks lose this year as Hossa would have been going to the Flyers next.

Lieno in Philly is there and playing VERY well, just didn't show the same determination when he was in Detroit as he is in Philly, change of scenery created more playing time for him and he's shined.

Look. I do not watch alot of hockey nor do I root for a specific team. I was rooting for Chicago for personal reason. Now, you mentioned ALL those players that USE to be Red Wings....so do you think that if they played for the Edmonton, they might have won the cup? I doubt it. SOMETHING or SOMEONE knew the right combination to play and the right approach to coach the team to their success. AND, did ALL of the forementioned players ALL come through their minor leagues? And IF they did, and they were THAT good...where was the effort by the Red Wings organization to either further develope their skills or make the business stance to keep them financially?

And finally, the MOMENT they signed as Blackhawks....their past means NOTHING to me....WHY? Because the Red Wings did not think highly enough to keep them in "hockeytown". I am sure they would say the EXACT same thing.

Look. I do not watch alot of hockey nor do I root for a specific team. I was rooting for Chicago for personal reason. Now, you mentioned ALL those players that USE to be Red Wings....so do you think that if they played for the Edmonton, they might have won the cup? I doubt it. SOMETHING or SOMEONE knew the right combination to play and the right approach to coach the team to their success. AND, did ALL of the forementioned players ALL come through their minor leagues? And IF they did, and they were THAT good...where was the effort by the Red Wings organization to either further develope their skills or make the business stance to keep them financially?

And finally, the MOMENT they signed as Blackhawks....their past means NOTHING to me....WHY? Because the Red Wings did not think highly enough to keep them in "hockeytown". I am sure they would say the EXACT same thing.

The players mentioned all came thru the Red Wings organization except Hossa who came over to Detroit from the Pens in search of a Cup.

Seems your taking this discussion rather personally, I was simply pointing out to the Hawks Lover Bob (for obvious reasons I might say) that some of thier success was attributed to former Wings.

Just having some fun with the guys across the lake is all , nothing personal.

You mentioned about the Wings not wanting them, the Hawks must have seen something worthwhile in them as they picked them up.

Some are there because they could not crack the Wings everyday lineup and some for financial situations.

Oh come on! He just took the high road. Note the "..." at the end, HE was just dying to say something.

This story will continue next year....

BTW salsa, what's with all the Chicago love?

I lived there for 8 years and help cover the Blackhawks, White Sox and Bulls when the Chicago Sportchannel was alive and well back in the 90s. I LOVED that time and created some great friendships. I am still occassional drinking mate with Chris Chelios....LOL! Gonna be there on Monday, in fact!

I lived there for 8 years and help cover the Blackhawks, White Sox and Bulls when the Chicago Sportchannel was alive and well back in the 90s. I LOVED that time and created some great friendships. I am still occassional drinking mate with Chris Chelios....LOL! Gonna be there on Monday, in fact!

I bet Chelly would be alot of fun :)

Always liked the guy, respected him when he was with the Canadians and Hawks.
Didn't take long for him to win over the Red Wing fans after all the years of trying to crush us !

Tell him I said Hi when you see him, from "Hockeytown " ! :)

You forgot Mikael Samuellson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)