2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
With only another five or so games left in the regular season, it's once again time for everyone to focus their attention on the greatest prize in all of sports - Lord Stanley's Cup.

While the playoff teams are jockeying for position, the race for the 8th position in both the Eastern and Western Conferences has heated-up:

Eastern Conference:
8th - Philadelphia (82-points) has lost their last two games
9th - NY Rangers (82-points) has won their last three games

Philly is 2-6-2 in the last ten games while the Rangers are 6-3-1.

Western Conference:
8th - Colorado (89-points) has lost their last four games
9th - Calgary (89-points) has won their last three games (played one more game)

Colorado is 3-6-1 in the last ten games while Calgary is 6-4.

Right now the Bruins would be in the playoffs, but whether or not they're there or not, I'm looking forward to the playoffs! :up

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are MUCH more intense than the regular season!

Red Wings won't go far if they cannot solve the "Left Wing Lock " that teams seem to play in the playoffs.
Wings could not get anything going against Nashville yesterday and I expect much more in the playoffs.

Red Wings won't go far if they cannot solve the "Left Wing Lock " that teams seem to play in the playoffs.
Wings could not get anything going against Nashville yesterday and I expect much more in the playoffs.
I agree...they still lack a certainly "physical" element in their lineup.

Can I moderator speak "sticky" this thread? Thanks!

I agree...they still lack a certainly "physical" element in their lineup.

Can I moderator speak "sticky" this thread? Thanks!

I will when the regular season is over, just like all the other ones I do. :D

always by the book Ramy, wouldn't expect nothing less.

Just seems like to me, and i only watch limited hockey, that the defense men are being allowed to " run interference" on any players try to dump in and race past.

If that's how hockey is going to let things go on, i'm not a fan.

I dont need 8-5 scores, but i do enjoy watching guys driving the net and racing down pucks to create more scoring opportunities.

always by the book Ramy, wouldn't expect nothing less.

Just seems like to me, and i only watch limited hockey, that the defense men are being allowed to " run interference" on any players try to dump in and race past.

If that's how hockey is going to let things go on, i'm not a fan.

I dont need 8-5 scores, but i do enjoy watching guys driving the net and racing down pucks to create more scoring opportunities.

Wait till they go to the stupid "No Touch Icing" :eek::mad:

Nooooo! One aspect that has always puzzled me about the playoffs is that the rule concerning interference suddenly changes as Dave mentioned...what used to be called a penalty during the regular season is often overlooked come playoff time. Personally, I can see both sides of the argument...but the rule needs to be consistently applied IMO.

Nooooo! One aspect that has always puzzled me about the playoffs is that the rule concerning interference suddenly changes as Dave mentioned...what used to be called a penalty during the regular season is often overlooked come playoff time. Personally, I can see both sides of the argument...but the rule needs to be consistently applied IMO.

But it's the "Olympic" way.

Bruins defeat Sabres 3-1, and Canadiens lose to Carolina 5-2. So now it comes down to the final weekend to determine the last three spots in the East.............

6. Montreal...87 points.....39 wins........1 game remaining
7. Boston.....87 points......37 wins........2 GR
8. Philadelphia....86 points....40 wins......2 GR
.............................................................................................
9. NY Rangers......84 points........37 wins......2 GR

Interestingly, the Flyers and Rangers play each other in a home and home to end the season.

If the Bruins get in, they'd be a very interesting team to watch.

Defensively, they're just as good as last year- 185 goals allowed (last year, they allowed 190- they're 5 goals ahead of last year's pace).

Offensively, though- that's another story, for they are the league's lowest-scoring team (last year, in that department, they were #2 overall and #1 in their conference).

Still, Rask and Chara could make them a tough out.

The Bruins clinch a playoff spot.

Also, because they got 2 points, they will be either the #6 or #7 seed, thus not having to play the fearsome Capitals.

They will play either the Atlantic Division winner- Devils or Penguins- or my Sabres in round 1.

The Bruins clinch a playoff spot.

Also, because they got 2 points, they will be either the #6 or #7 seed, thus not having to play the fearsome Capitals.

They will play either the Atlantic Division winner- Devils or Penguins- or my Sabres in round 1.

The Bruins scored 3 shorthanded goals in 64 seconds all from the same Carolina power play.

That's the first time in NHL history a team has scored three shorthanded goals on the same power play...............all from a team that hadn't scored in it's last 22 power plays of their own!

The Bruins scored 3 shorthanded goals in 64 seconds all from the same Carolina power play.

That's the first time in NHL history a team has scored three shorthanded goals on the same power play...............all from a team that hadn't scored in it's last 22 power plays of their own!

Wow, that's amazing :D

Maybe they should decide to TAKE the penalties more often !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts