2011 MLB Free Agents

salsadancer7 said:
They will with all revenue they generate from the new stadium, money they weren't getting playing at the Dolphins home. Dolphins ownership made sure of that. At the present time, their payroll is somewhere around $50 million. I expect their payroll will be around twice that much but below about $110 million. Still middle of the road compared to all teams.

Ok. It remains to be seen whether ownership will do this.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Sean Mota said:
Ok. It remains to be seen whether ownership will do this.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

They have no choice really because coming into a new stadium, you either will have to come in with a team that was already a success on the field(which we all know they were) or a success in attendance(another definate no). They already started it by signing a World Series winning manager and had to give up compensation for him(if there is one thing the Marlins brass hates is giving up prospects).

Do I think they will sign both a big bat AND a big arm...no, but they will sign one or the other.

Prince Fielder also, among others. But hasn't Alderson been saying payroll will be trimmed? Right now it looks like the only free agent the Mets can possibly sign is Reyes.

Sandra
Alderson did say the payroll will be trimmed. I thought I heard 80 million but that might not be right. It seems like they may pull a Tampa Bay Rays and build from within. Only problem is that could take a few years and it doesnt mean that they will have the success of the Rays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts