2011 MLS Direct Kick

hardhead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Starting last season MLS offered all their matches in HD on "Direct Kick" ($79 for the season). It is my understanding DirecTV provided all or most of the matches in HD, but DISH provided all or most of the matches in SD.

I just asked a CSR about the 2011 season and was told:

"We don't want to give you any false information, as of now we don't have any information on this, once we get the information then we'll be glad to share that with you. however we are providing most of the channels and leagues in HD, this might be applies on MLS too."

Does anyone know if DISH will be broadcasting Direct Kick in HD? The season starts Thursday. I assume we'll get a free preview next weekend. I'm trying to decide again between signing up for Direct Kick w/ DISH or MatchDay Live HD streaming on MLSSOCCER.com for $39.95. Go Crew!

Starting last season MLS offered all their matches in HD on "Direct Kick" ($79 for the season). It is my understanding DirecTV provided all or most of the matches in HD, but DISH provided all or most of the matches in SD.

I just asked a CSR about the 2011 season and was told:

"We don't want to give you any false information, as of now we don't have any information on this, once we get the information then we'll be glad to share that with you. however we are providing most of the channels and leagues in HD, this might be applies on MLS too."

Does anyone know if DISH will be broadcasting Direct Kick in HD? The season starts Thursday. I assume we'll get a free preview next weekend. I'm trying to decide again between signing up for Direct Kick w/ DISH or MatchDay Live HD streaming on MLSSOCCER.com for $39.95. Go Crew!

Season starts Tuesday, FWIW, although the match will be on ESPN. Next set of matches is on Saturday.

I don't think anyone (who posts here) knows how many MLS matches Dish will broadcast in HD, and maybe even Dish themselves don't know. Last year they offered an HD game every once in a blue moon, and given the fact that Dish still seems to have bandwidth issues (witness the relative paucity of NHL and NBA package games in HD) I think it's safe to assume you won't get too many, if any, MLS matches in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts