2012 DirecTV Packages - Including Family, Select, Entertainment, and Grandfathered Pkgs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The DirecTV website is misleading. I wonder if they are doing this intentionally in order to get people to switch from the classic package to the new package? It shows Choice Extra listed twice with 2 different channel totals. The first Choice Extra is supposed to be just Choice so this is probably just an oversite. Then they shoe Choice Extra Classic has having fewer channels the the new Choice Extra when it reality it has more.

English Packages - DIRECTV

What is even worse try getting a straight answer out of any of them. Tell them you are going to cancel service and then they listen and don't try to confuse you with all of their double talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus packages, like Plus HD or Plus HD DVR are also now on Choice Xtra Classic.

I have had the Plus HD DVR package ever since I subscribed to Directv.

I look at my account today and it lists my current package as Choice Xtra + HD DVR. There is a Channel Lineup link. There is no Golf Channel listed.

The day they take away my Golf Channel HD is the day I cancel.

The lineups on the website are still messed up, especially for the grandfathered package. The only channel you should have lost is Cloo.

But it appears I didn't get the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic, but the Choice Xtra instead. At least that's what is listed under my account.

But it appears I didn't get the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic, but the Choice Xtra instead. At least that's what is listed under my account.

You previously had Total Choice (+) ?

I don't believe you can just order/ask for that package.

If you still have Golf Channel and CBS College (613) as example then you were migrated to the Classic. The "new" Xtra doesnt have those

Yes, I still have the Golf Channel as of today.

My package had always shown until recently as the old Plus HD DVR package.

Is the select classic ( retention) available to current customers who have the choice extra classic?

Last I knew the Select Classic was still available from retention (not offered to everyone, but available to most on request).

The one on the chart labeled "Select (NLA)" is generally no longer available.

I think DTV removed a few Viacom channels from the Choice package. MTV2, Spike, TVLand, TeenNick and VH1 are gone . This would effect new customers.

Looks that way on the web site.

Anyone with the Choice package now - when you look online at your account does it show Choice Classic? If they did remove some Viacom channels from Choice moving to Choice Xtra they would probably "Classic" the choice package like they did earlier in the year when they moved some channels like NHLNet to Choice Ultimate.

I think DTV removed a few Viacom channels from the Choice package. MTV2, Spike, TVLand, TeenNick and VH1 are gone . This would effect new customers.

Looks like the website is corrected and all 17 Viacom channels are still in the Choice package for new customers.

No changes from the Viacom dispute.

Also went through the packages and CBS Sports and Golf Channel are in Choice Xtra for everyone (previously they were Choice Xtra "Classic" and Choice Ultimate for new customers).

If someone were to begin their service now with say the Entertainment package, could they go to a Select/Family package later? Or would they no longer be available for 'new' customers?

In correspondence I haven't even been able to get an answer on there current unadvertised packages, if any.

If someone were to begin their service now with say the Entertainment package, could they go to a Select/Family package later?
yes but you have to go through retention to get those (Family or Select)

they should either come with new cheaper-than-Entertainment packages or quit giving the impression through their website that packages like Select are discontinued

DirecTV Lineup 05-29-12

I thought I'd add this to this thread.

Attachments

• DIRECTV_Lineup [052912].pdf
    770.2 KB · Views: 443
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)