2012 NBA Draft

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Actually I'm surprised that nobody else started this thread yet. I'm watching the NBA Draft on ESPN right now. The big thing that comes to mind that caused me to have to post this is that the Portland Trailblazers have just drafted (yet) another "star crossed" center,7 ft. 1 in. Meyers Leonard of Illinois,who will join the ranks of Bill Walton,Sam Bowie,Arvydas Sabonis,& Greg Oden as broken players who also (infrequently) played for the Trail Blazers.

Kentucky gets the top two picks. Is that a first for one college?

Kentucky gets the top two picks. Is that a first for one college?

I heard it is. Kentucky furnished five first rounders and two second rounders. But before you fret for coach Cal, you should know that he signed four of the seventeen highest rated high school seniors to replace them. Coach Cal is Mr. One-and-done.

royrdsjr said:
.....the Portland Trailblazers have just drafted (yet) another "star crossed" center,7 ft. 1 in. Meyers Leonard of Illinois,who will join the ranks of Bill Walton,Sam Bowie,Arvydas Sabonis,& Greg Oden as broken players who also (infrequently) played for the Trail Blazers.

Ouch!

royrdsjr said:
Hmmm,the Celtics draft Jared Sullinger & Fab Melo.

About as close to 50%-50% as you are gonna get. In one hand, they can be GREAT steals in the draft. Sullinger has a great feel around the basket and rebounding. And being and Orangemen fan, I saw every game Melo played and the difference from his freshmen to sophomore year is amazing. He can completely dominate the boards with his rebounding and shot blocking ability. Then there is the half empty thinking.. Sullinger has some health issues history with his back and considering that the NBA is a more physical league, that may not bode well for him. Melo is extremely limited offensively and unless you have the 4 other guys average over 15+ ppg when he is in, you will be playing 4 on 5.

I will be honest, I know nothing about the Pistons pick, from what I am reading I am hopeing it is not a Darko repeat, has some similiar things

Not too shabby for UNC..Barnes,Marshall,Henson,and Zeller all went in the first round!Congrats to them and best of luck in the NBA!

Now for the bad part the Heels will be hard pressed to make the sweet 16 this coming season.

salsadancer7 said:
About as close to 50%-50% as you are gonna get. In one hand, they can be GREAT steals in the draft. Sullinger has a great feel around the basket and rebounding. And being and Orangemen fan, I saw every game Melo played and the difference from his freshmen to sophomore year is amazing. He can completely dominate the boards with his rebounding and shot blocking ability. Then there is the half empty thinking.. Sullinger has some health issues history with his back and considering that the NBA is a more physical league, that may not bode well for him. Melo is extremely limited offensively and unless you have the 4 other guys average over 15+ ppg when he is in, you will be playing 4 on 5.

Boston is a defense first team though. Put fab out there with KG and he will flourish. Remember that Perkins was an offensive liability for Boston, but it didn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts