2013 MLB Postseason

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hopefully a Game 7 isn't necessary, but I could see Lester pitching a high leverage inning or two if needed.

Lackey starting game 6 for the Red Sox, and the good news is almost everyone in the bullpen will be at Farrell's disposal on Wednesday night. I would back up Lackey with Workman in the middle innings, and if goes the way they want it, Taz and Koji.

I also think Doubront would be available for an inning or two for a potential game 7.

If the Red Sox win the World Series at home.........I'm remembering the good old days when the fans would run on the field to celebrate the home town team's victory.

That's the real old "good old days". I remember when Yankees fans poured onto the field in Yankee Stadioum in 1977, and some of the players were terrified that someone might use the cover of the crowd to stab one of them. Reggie absolutely bowled over every fan between himself and the dugout as he darted off the field in a hurry.

Last edited:
Lackey starting game 6 for the Red Sox, and the good news is almost everyone in the bullpen will be at Farrell's disposal on Wednesday night. I would back up Lackey with Workman in the middle innings, and if goes the way they want it, Taz and Koji.

I also think Doubront would be available for an inning or two for a potential game 7.
Buchholz says he feels better than expected and would be available also....

Potential tough call for Farrell coming up here.

Ross just made that decision a no-brainer :)

For the record, Farrell was asked this after the game, and he said he wouldn't have lifted Lester for a pinch hitter if the score was still tied with men on in the top of the 7th. Thankfully Ross' hit made that decision a no-brainer, because Lester had only thrown 69 pitches to that point and was still dealing.

Jon Lester....by the numbers:

* 4-1, 1.56 ERA in five postseason starts this year

* 1.98 ERA in 11 career postseason starts

* 3-0, 0.48 ERA in three career World Series starts

For the record, Farrell was asked this after the game, and he said he wouldn't have lifted Lester for a pinch hitter if the score was still tied with men on in the top of the 7th. Thankfully Ross' hit made that decision a no-brainer, because Lester had only thrown 69 pitches to that point and was still dealing.

That would have been a ballsy move if it indeed did happen.

That's the real old "good old days". I remember when Yankees fans poured onto the field in Yankee Stadioum in 1977, and some of the players were terrified that someone might use the cover of the crowd to stab one of them. Reggie absolutely bowled over every fan between himself and the dugout as he darted off the field in a hurry.

My brother Steve, who is 8-years my senior, came home with a yard of sod and home plate when the Tigers won the '72 AL East. We played strikeout in the backyard (using tennis balls) with home plate for several years, but I don't know what ever become of the base. I'll have to ask my brother...although I recall something about his worthless pothead friend Terry swiping it. The sod was planted in the backyard and, as far as I know, it's roots are still planted their today. Good stuff...the Bleachers Creatures climbed the outfield fences back in the day.

Ratings: Fox’s World Series Game 5 Ties NBC’s ‘Voice,’ ‘Blacklist’ Combo http://tv.yahoo.com/news/early-ratings-world-series-breaks-nbc-monday-winning-145952354.html Wow this years World Series is bringing the ratings!! :)

Any citizen not watching the World Series is a commie who should have their voting and gun ownership rights revoked IMO. And they should be properly beaten about the head and shoulders...with proper headgear to prevent concussion, of course. ;)

That would have been a ballsy move if it indeed did happen.

The toughest call would have been if Ross reached, BUT didn't plate a run. That would have left the bases loaded and ONE out, where obviously all you need is a sac fly. With two outs and the score still tied, it's a much easier decision to not lift Lester for a PH.

Any citizen not watching the World Series is a commie who should have their voting and gun ownership rights revoked IMO. And they should be properly beaten about the head and shoulders...with proper headgear to prevent concussion, of course. ;)

Does that go for the millions that dont follow Sports at all too ?

I have been watching it on and off. Hockey has now gotten my attention now. I turn to it during NHL commercials and if it's getting good I stick with the inning.

Shane Victorino is a go for Game 6 and will be in RF, Jonny Gomes will be in LF, David Ross will once again be behind the plate, Mike Napoli will be back at 1B and of course David Ortiz will be the DH.

Since the Red Sox won their last championship in 2007, Boston teams are only 2-4 in the championship round of their respective sport. The Patriots are 0-2 (with two last minute losses to the Giants), while the Celtics and Bruins are both 1-1.

come get me.....

Man, when the Sox won their first World Series in 86 years back in 2004, I thought I FINALLY heard the end of "1918" when it came to the Red Sox. No more the price of bread was.... ,the president was....., etc. Now here we are 9 years later, the Red Sox are on the cusp of a championship, and the 1918 talk is starting all over again. Only this time it's in relation to the last time the Red Sox won a World Series at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)