Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Updated for 2014 including the December changes to the select package, which will increase in price to $49.99/month for customers new to this package.
Also includes changes to the Entertainment package, with some channels removed and existing customers grandfathered into "Entertainment Classic".

New for 2014 - DirecTV is making the Select package available to anyone right on directv.com, a call to a CSR is no longer necessary if you want the Select Package.

We have compiled information from several sources to build a complete list of packages and channels, as accurate as possible. There may be a few misses in these, let us know if that is the case so we can fix it - you can just post it in this thread.
A couple notes, the list is sorted by package, so you can easily see what you get by going from one package to the next. Also, no west coast feed channels are included.

We hope this helps you understand what is available in each package. Remember, with Family, Select, or Entertainment packages you do NOT get your Regional Sports Network (channels like YES, Fox Sports Net, Comcast Sports Net, NESN, MASN, TWC, etc.)

Thanks for being Satelliteguys!

File Updated 2/13/14.

Attachments

• DirecTV Packages 2014.pdf
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,263
If you subscribe to the select package as of 12/12/13, please review this thread for changes to your package:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/323705-Changes-to-Select-Package-in-December

You will be grandfathered at the $46.99 rate for one year.

Customers new to the Select package will pay $50.99 / month.

Key changes to the Select package include the removal of some channels including ESPN/ESPN2 and the addition of some new channels.

Updated to reflect changes to the Entertainment package (some channels were removed with existing Entertainment package customers grandfathered under "Entertainment Classic").

With these changes, the only channels you get by upgrading from Select to Entertainment are ESPN, ESPN2, and MAVTV.

Can some one tell me what channels are in the "Select" Package ? I downloaded the above link , but there are X's in all channels on all the packages, except for the Family Package , therefore I cannot tell what channels are available in the other Packages .

I just downloaded it and on the 1st page yes there are X's in all coilumns (except family) as those channels are in the packages
if you go to page 2 you'll see under select its only pivot and Hallmark Movie channel with an "X". All others (including ESPN) are not checked

boy entertainment is a jip now....only channels in that and not in select are ESPN, ESPN2 and MAVTV....for $8 more????
Thats a lot of money for 3 channels

I just downloaded it and on the 1st page yes there are X's in all coilumns (except family) as those channels are in the packages
if you go to page 2 you'll see under select its only pivot and Hallmark Movie channel with an "X". All others (including ESPN) are not checked

I went to the second page and there are only two X's in there . Only two Channels in the Select Package ? there has to be more. I cannot understand this at all.

Can some one give me the channels that come in the Select Package ? I just simply cannot understand this pdf file here. All X's marked on first page and two x's marked on second page makes it seem like Select Package is getting all channels and I know that isn't right.

Can some one give me the channels that come in the Select Package ? I just simply cannot understand this pdf file here. All X's marked on first page and two x's marked on second page makes it seem like Select Package is getting all channels and I know that isn't right.

all the channels on page 1 of the pdf are in the Select package
on page 2 its just the 2 channels IN ADDITION to everything on page 1

I just went to the directv site and found it there. here are the "national" channels included. you also get the audio only stations and religious/shopping channels

A&E
ABC Family
Animal Planet
AXSTV HD
BBC America
Black Entertainment Television (BET)
Bloomberg Television
Bravo
Cartoon Network (East)
Cartoon Network (West)
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery Channel
Disney Channel (East)
Disney Channel (West)
Disney Junior Channel
Disney XD
E! Entertainment
Food Network
Fox News Channel
FX
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Headline News
History Channel
Home & Garden Television (HGTV)
Investigation Discovery (ID)
Lifetime
MAVTV
MSNBC
MTV
MTV2
NASA
National Geographic Channel
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon (East)
Nickelodeon (West)
pivot Channel
Pursuit Channel
QVC
QVC Plus
ReelzChannel
RFD TV
ShopHQ
Spike
Syfy Channel
TBS
TeenNick
TLC
TNT
TruTV
TV Land
USA Network
Velocity
VH1
WeatherNation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)