2014 MLB Postseason

Stupid Royals ....
Bumgarner comes in and pitches great, but 90 % of his pitches were ball up and out of the strike zone and the Royals just kept swinging at them ...

Had they been smart and made him come down into the strike zone they probably would have won the game.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Stupid Royals ....
Bumgarner comes in and pitches great, but 90 % of his pitches were ball up and out of the strike zone and the Royals just kept swinging at them ...

Had they been smart and made him come down into the strike zone they probably would have won the game.
He just psyched them out,they didn't believe they could beat him.

Well, it was a good WS for someone with no rooting interest.

I would have rather seen the Royals win as I am tired of seeing the Giants and Cardinals in it every year.

WE WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 in 5 years!!!

SF_Giants_City_by_enfamous3.jpg

Stupid Royals ....

Was tweeting this all night. His defense also helped him out mightily. Still, it goes into the books as shutout innings. Congratulations, Giants, for winning the World Series tournament finals. :)

Congrats to the Giants for once again being the World Champs, and congrats to the Royals on a great season! That performance by Madison Bumgarner was one of greatest in WS history. Clayton Kershaw will probably win 22-25 games next year, and Bumgarner will probably win 16-18, but who would you pitch if you needed to win one game. I know who I'would.

So long baseball, catch you in the spring!

"The Green Fields of the Mind "

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

-A. Bartlett Giamatti

A comment about technology. I'm old enough to remember the first uses of "instant replay" in the early 60's. The advances since then are almost mind boggling to me. The call on the DP started by Panik in Game 7 was so close that even Belt didn't question the initial call. The replay sequences were outstanding, and it looked like the runner was out by less than a finger length. Wow! That said, IMO, had that been NFL officials reviewing the play it would probably have been allowed to stand as called.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)