2016 NCAA football discussion thread

UM is highly over rated I think - the only team of any value they've beaten is a really low year team in Georgia Tech.
If they beat FSU by 2-3 TD's then yeah maybe I'll be ok with their current ranking in the AP Polls.
Who would you say is the better team in the Coastal to go up against Clemson?

I agree with this...and The U is my team. They have beaten no one yet and FSU was overrated. I can say Miami is possibly a top 30 team, but not a top 10 team.

It's really hilarious seeing Bulldog fans here complain about the game still being played in Columbia. They keep saying it should be moved to Atlanta, forgetting that Atlanta is as swamped with hurricane refugees as Columbia, and that we need our State resources along the Georgia coast same as South Carolina does. The Atlanta Journal-Consitution writers are leading the whining charge.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/towers-take-shouldnt-be-playing-this-game-in-columbia

Anything to get an unearned home field advantage.

Reactions: salsadancer7
100 years ago today, Ga Tech set the scoring record against Cumberland, 222-0. :D

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...rland-0-and-how-it-may-have-saved-the-school/

One hundred years ago Friday, a theatrical performance masquerading as a college football game was played. Because of it, Georgia Tech 222, Cumberland 0 lives on in infamy.

Thanks to Georgia Tech coach John Heisman -- yes, that Heisman -- running up the score against Cumberland fraternity members, the game remains a novelty that transcends sports by even appearing on Trivial Pursuit cards.

Here's the article that Atlanta Journal ran right after the game.
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/10/07/how-atlanta-journal-covered-techs-222-0-win/
TECH PILES UP BIG SCORE ON CUMBERLAND

World’s Record In Total Points Made by Tech

Almost inconceivable Score of 222 to 0 Was Piled Up by Yellow Jackets on Weak Cumberland Aggregation – Jim Preas Also Established a Record by Kicking 18 Consecutive Goals From Touchdown – Game Was a Burlesque

FSU and UM wearing red cross stickers tomorrow on helmets and each school will present a check for relief, good for them.

As far as the game, who knows. I think it will be close higher scoring event because we matchup better with UM than UL or UNC, but its a rivalry game so who the hell knows. I wonder if they lose, it just about means 4-4 at the end of Oct, does Coach Kelly survive the month of October?

It would mean swapping something. No way a school gives up a home game revenue stream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You give up a little now for the better later. You don't have that extra game (for the winner) and it may hurt your chances at the end which gives a ton more cash and end results like recruiting etc.

So the NC State game against ND has 2inches per hour of rain falling with 20+mph winds.. its been so funny watching.
They hit the ground and hydroplane 5-10more yards!
The VT vs UNC game expects maybe 3+inches of rain an hour with 30+mph winds...gonna be a rough day!
Both offenses are high powered throwing so gonna be up to whoever can run the ball better.

So #25 VT dominated #17 UNC on their home field in a hurricane!! It was pouring down that whole game!

Houston beat by Navy lol Glad to see them out of the playoff talks finally.... now I'm waiting on Texas A&M to take down Tenn finally.

So #25 VT dominated #17 UNC on their home field in a hurricane!! It was pouring down that whole game!

Houston beat by Navy lol Glad to see them out of the playoff talks finally.... now I'm waiting on Texas A&M to take down Tenn finally.
Why are you glad to see Houston out ?
I love it when a non Power 5 team does great and can stay in contention, much like Boise State was years back.

Why are you glad to see Houston out ?
I love it when a non Power 5 team does great and can stay in contention, much like Boise State was years back.

Didn't belong just like Boise St never did years back.

Top 5 monday to me would be Bama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, OSU - Michigan and Washington to me just were wow tonight!

BTW, you are a fool if you dont think Houston is legit.

Oh wait, that is from the VT fan that over hypes his team and others every year, and then when they fall flat he quits till next year LOL.

Houston will continue to be legit till Coach Herman moves on .... the next coach they choose will be huge for thier program to keep the team up there.

Not often you see Michigan keep the gas on in regards to score. There had been some smack talk from Rutgers past off season about a rivalry as Michigan had grabbed some players from the area most notable, jabrill peppers.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not often you see Michigan keep the gas on in regards to score. There had been some smack talk from Rutgers past off season about a rivalry as Michigan had grabbed some players from the area most notable, jabrill peppers.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I wouldn't over look Rutgers in a few years if Chris Ash sticks around.
Fwiw, don't over estimate Indiana the week before the Game.
Of course by then they may be back to being Indiana ... :confused:

BTW, you are a fool if you dont think Houston is legit.

Oh wait, that is from the VT fan that over hypes his team and others every year, and then when they fall flat he quits till next year LOL.

Lol what? I'm only saying what everyone else is saying. Read the latest ESPN write up - Houston has 0 room to move with nobody on their schedule aside from Louisville that stood in their way and they over looked a Navy team.
I don't over hype anyone... and the times they fell flat I still pulled for them even went to bowl games at 6-6 - give me a break!

Ohh I must be a fool then cause well Houston isn't legit.

I was pulling for Miami last night too - was hoping they would be undefeated in their game in Blacksburg but that hope is gone and that may hurt VT in the long run.

They have outscored 3 very good teams 137-20... hell they held that high flying offense of UNC to only 131 yards, got Trubisky out of the Heisman talks finally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts