2016 NCAA football discussion thread

That game has to be played ...
For someone to balk about playing it on an open date because they have a week off before Bama is ridiculous.

If they have an open date, that should be when it should be played.
That's only one concern, but I agree it's one they need to accept if that's the option that's agreed on.

The other, like Derwin said is the Sunday game following the game that will be moved to accommodate it.

And it also includes another sec team having to rearrange their schedule to accommodate it. That's four teams involved. Remember, Florida does not have the same off week. They have a sec game already scheduled for that weekend.

Neither Bama or Georgia should be obligated to rearrange their own schedules imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's only one concern, but I agree it's one they need to accept if that's the option that's agreed on.

The other, like Derwin said is the Sunday game following the game that will be moved to accommodate it.

And it also includes another sec team having to rearrange their schedule to accommodate it. That's four teams involved. Remember, Florida does not have the same off week. They have a sec game already scheduled for that weekend.

Neither Bama or Georgia should be obligated to rearrange their own schedules imo.

They HAVE to be played sometime .... and like you said, I don't see them or would I expect them to move the Conference Championship game, but there are other ramnifications ... if these teams don't play all thier games, thats gonna effect other teams as well when the Playoff committee looks and sees a team with a game short that skews thier winning percentage and the teams that played those teams.

I am sure there are conference conditions that allow the game to not be played, but it's surely WAY down the list of scenarios.

Honestly for everyone involved, moving the conference champ game would logistically be the easiest to accomplish. Unless there is a conflict with the dome.

It's far enough out plans could be changed without impacting too many.

The committee might have to push back some pickings a week, but that is doable. Hell the games aren't played for some time after anyway.

That said, again, I don't think that will happen.

I agree with Jimbo here and a ton of people talking about it that call games. This game has to be played at some point regardless of when to avoid it messing up the rest of the system. Why they didn't play it on Sunday is beyond me as it worked fine for Georgia.
Navy and ECU didn't have any issues rescheduling their game from Thursday night to Nov.

Cubz6imUsAAk3Vx.jpg:small

:D:D:D

Reactions: HIFI and Derwin0
Bama shouldn't have to rearrange anything. So what if they have a home week before playing LSU, and LSU might not, happens all the time. That's just pathetic whinning from LSU.

As for Georgia, they have a valid reason to be against it as well. Lots of planning go into that game, not to mention the academic calendar is somewhat scheduled around it.

But even if they get Georgia, and Jacksonville, to agree to a reschedule, there is no valid reason to make Alabama move a game to that week.

What the SEC should do, is count the game as a loss for both teams unless they agree to a reschedule.

What the SEC should do, is count the game as a loss for both teams unless they agree to a reschedule.

Doing a loss for both teams would be wrong to the players since its possible it could hurt them for bowl game placement and then more money lost and the ability to play that extra game.

I imagine the sec will simply do away with the winning percentage component to pick a division champ if this game doesn't get played and that makes it an issue in deciding who goes to Atlanta.

Plenty of other criteria on the books to use that could do away with any unfair advantage anyone might get because of this.

Thing is, the game is a non-winner for both Florida & LSU.
Florida doesn't need the game revenue wise, as insurance covers them due to hurricane cancellation. Not so for LSU if they cancel a non-conf. game in order to play Florida.

Also, a win means nothing, since it'll be number of losses that determines things. So not worth risking a loss, especially when another team owns the tie breaker (Tenn in Florida's case).

So unless the game is played on Dec. 3rd, it won't be played at all. As there's really no way to reschedule things to give them both an open date.

If they're both eliminated from the Championship game, play it the same day, otherwise they'll probably just cancel it and move on.

I imagine the sec will simply do away with the winning percentage component to pick a division champ if this game doesn't get played and that makes it an issue in deciding who goes to Atlanta.

Plenty of other criteria on the books to use that could do away with any unfair advantage anyone might get because of this.
There are really only 2 ways they could handle it without using percentage.

1) Only count wins, not percentage. Which basically treats the canceled game as a loss
2) Use division record instead of conference record.

Problem with using division record, is that it would eliminate both of Tenn's losses (A&M and the upcoming Bama one), one of Georgia's, as well as Florida's possible loss to Arkansas. This would disadvantage Georgia would likely will be the only one with a non-division win (against the Cow Bells).
It also would not be fair to LSU's Western opponents, who have been routinely spanking the East.

I'm sure Lane will be watching his back this weekend lol
Would be cool to hear the crowd boo him constantly

I will say this.. if Tenn upsets Alabama I would think Alabama would flip positions with Tenn at #3 sliding Clemson to #1 at which I'm pulling for Wisc to take down OSU and slide them to around 5th behind Michigan.

I will say this.. if Tenn upsets Alabama I would think Alabama would flip positions with Tenn at #3 sliding Clemson to #1 at which I'm pulling for Wisc to take down OSU and slide them to around 5th behind Michigan.
More likely ATM would jump into the spot, as they beat Tenn.

Tenn. isn't going to jump the undefeated teams that are ahead of them. And Ohio St. has enough of a lead, in that if Bama stumbles, they'll be #1.

Had something pop up on my phone that the LSU/Florida game would be played Nov 19 in Baton Rouge, but when I clicked it it went away, and now google is turning up very little in concrete info on it.

Basically, from what I briefly gathered, LSU (if this happens) is standing pat at NOT losing a home game. The game against South Alabama will be bought out, florida will buy out their cupcake and lose not one but two home games. This seems like a raw deal for the Gators. Of course Florida will get some compensation with insurance (I think) on the hurricane game, but the second would be a loss.

Not sure how this would impact future games with the two, but one would think if this does happen, the next would be in Gainesville.

Also, if so, it would appear that Florida is the one bending over backwards to make it work.

http://whnt.com/2016/10/13/lsu-florida-game-rescheduled-for-saturday-nov-19/

The LSU vs. Florida football game, postponed last Saturday due to Hurricane Matthew, has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 19, at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge under the terms of an agreement announced by SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.

In addition, the Presidents and Chancellors have established the expectation for existing Conference policy to be revised to better define the process for completing postponed or interrupted contests and to grant authority to the Commissioner to determine the date and location of future games that may need to be rescheduled if the two involved institutions cannot mutually identify a date.

LSU has also agreed to play the 2017 in Gainesville, which was originally scheduled to be played in Baton Rouge. LSU will return to Gainesville in 2018 as the normal schedule rotation resumes.

The SEC Commissioner’s Regulations requires each football team play all eight Conference games in a season in order to be eligible to compete for a divisional title and play in the SEC Championship Game. Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season.

and in other news :facepalm

Oklahoma State is your new 1945 champ :cheer

Why Oklahoma State has been named college football's 1945 national champion
Oklahoma State's 1945 team has finally been recognized as the national champion, and only 71 years later

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...med-college-footballs-1945-national-champion/

AFCA retroactively awards its 1945 national title to Oklahoma State

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ds-its-1945-national-title-to-oklahoma-state/

At the request of multiple schools, the AFCA established a Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to retroactively select Coaches’ Trophy winners from 1922 (when the AFCA was founded) up to 1949 (the year before the Coaches’ Poll was first published). That panel of coaches took information submitted by schools who felt they were worthy of consideration and used that data in the research and selection process

and in other news :facepalm

Oklahoma State is your new 1945 champ :cheer

Why Oklahoma State has been named college football's 1945 national champion
Oklahoma State's 1945 team has finally been recognized as the national champion, and only 71 years later

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...med-college-footballs-1945-national-champion/

AFCA retroactively awards its 1945 national title to Oklahoma State

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ds-its-1945-national-title-to-oklahoma-state/

At the request of multiple schools, the AFCA established a Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to retroactively select Coaches’ Trophy winners from 1922 (when the AFCA was founded) up to 1949 (the year before the Coaches’ Poll was first published). That panel of coaches took information submitted by schools who felt they were worthy of consideration and used that data in the research and selection process

Congrats. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)