2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Very impressed to see the players the Buckeyes got from the Transfer Portal ...

After a very disappointing Bowl game, this has certainly changed the minds of the fans that were down on the team after the bowl game.

We now have a QB for this season (one that will be much better than last years group)
Buckeyes have had Top notch Talent at QB the previous 7ish years, this year being the exception.

Will Howard will come in and improve on his numbers from last year, with the talent he'll have this year.
The Year after they will be back to having the Elite QB play with J Sayins and Air Noland in the room, provided they both stay (they say they are staying, well see once 1 wins the job.)

Bucks have a Top WR room in the nation (or close to it, seeing they lost alot from last year, but this year could actually be better yet)

They also have a Very talented RB room ... staying healthy is the key .

Defense has improved each year under J. Knowles, talent has gotten even better in most of it.

Should be a FUN year in Columbus !!!!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Very impressed to see the players the Buckeyes got from the Transfer Portal ...

After a very disappointing Bowl game, this has certainly changed the minds of the fans that were down on the team after the bowl game.

We now have a QB for this season (one that will be much better than last years group)
Buckeyes have had Top notch Talent at QB the previous 7ish years, this year being the exception.

Will Howard will come in and improve on his numbers from last year, with the talent he'll have this year.
The Year after they will be back to having the Elite QB play with J Sayins and Air Noland in the room, provided they both stay (they say they are staying, well see once 1 wins the job.)

Bucks have a Top WR room in the nation (or close to it, seeing they lost alot from last year, but this year could actually be better yet)

They also have a Very talented RB room ... staying healthy is the key .

Defense has improved each year under J. Knowles, talent has gotten even better in most of it.

Should be a FUN year in Columbus !!!!
It better be or Ryan Day is history!:cheer:cheer:p

Reactions: Mike0616
The College Football Playoff board of managers unanimously approved a model that will guarantee the five highest-ranked conference champions' inclusion in the expanded 12-team field this fall, along with the next seven highest-ranked teams, the CFP announced Tuesday.

This is going to suck for Alabama and OSU fans, as they'll have no excuse when they don't win the National Championship now.

Or will the argument be, "they should have been the three seed"?

• Haha

I loved when Matt mentioned the Horns Down thing that drives Shorthorn fans crazy. Especially since the SEC has said that doing a Horns Down gesture will not invoke a penalty the way the Big XII catered to them with. :D

At SEC Media Days this past July, SEC officials told reporters that the playful jab at the Longhorns would not receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

• Haha
I loved when Matt mentioned the Horns Down thing that drives Shorthorn fans crazy. Especially since the SEC has said that doing a Horns Down gesture will not invoke a penalty the way the Big XII catered to them with. :D

I can't imagine a Team getting a Penalty for something a Fan did ...

With the exception to them throwing stuff on the field endlessly, I can't think of any other time for a penalty being called on the crowd.

I can see if it was someone on the team sidelines.

I can't imagine a Team getting a Penalty for something a Fan did ...
Not the fans, the players.

Big XII made it a foul if a player did "horns down" for any reason.

The SEC said that it will not be a penalty unless the gesture runs afoul of current taunting rules. So someone knocking a ball down and flashing "horns down" in celebration won't draw a 15-yd flag like they would in the Big XII.

Doing it in a player's face on the other hand would as that runs afoul of the current taunting rules.

Reactions: Mike0616 and AZ.
Not the fans, the players.

Big XII made it a foul if a player did "horns down" for any reason.

The SEC said that it will not be a penalty unless the gesture runs afoul of current taunting rules. So someone knocking a ball down and flashing "horns down" in celebration won't draw a 15-yd flag like they would in the Big XII.

Doing it in a player's face on the other hand would as that runs afoul of the current taunting rules.
If the Players did it, I could see a Taunting foul being called ...

If the Players did it, I could see a Taunting foul being called ...
depends when and how it's done.

For example, when a Georgia player knocks down a passed ball in the Florida game, they might do a "Gator Chomp" in celebration. As long as it's not in a players face it's not a penalty, which will be the same with "Horns Down".

SEC players aren't children who have to be coddled from the other side celebrating.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and Mike0616
Just saw this ...

College Football that has decided to go to a 12 team PLAYOFF .
(I would have been good with an 8 team playoff)
We haven't even started the 12 team season yet and they now want to go to 14 ....

My question is WHY ???

I'd like to see how it goes as a 12 team for awhile ... see if that set up actually works ...
(I know someone is going to chime in that other leagues do it) ...

Personally, I think 12 will dilute it and 14 -16 will water it down all the more ... this isn't BASKETBALL ...

Very soon, they will turn College Football into a "Participation Trophy" sport.

• Wow
Just saw this ...

We haven't even started the 12 team season yet and they now want to go to 14 ....

My question is WHY ???
You do not know the answer?

Just saw this ...

My question is WHY ???

I'd like to see how it goes as a 12 team for awhile ... see if that set up actually works ...

Personally, I think 12 will dilute it and 14 -16 will water it down all the more ... this isn't BASKETBALL ...

I think it is so that each cartel usually gets two teams in the playoffs. 8 tèams meant only one team with cartels potentially out before the semis.

Just saw this ...

My question is WHY ???

Simple, more teams more money.

As it is, I think they should go to 16, same as in all the other divisions. That way they can have a birth for all the conferences, again same as in all the other divisions.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and Mike0616
Might as well get them ready for the rigors of an NFL-length schedule.
Fine by me, too bad they cannot play in different parts of the year, NFL Sept till Feb ( Super Bowl), then College Football starts up.

Because I am just bored with Hockey, Basketball and Baseball, I think most are also based on the ratings those 3 get versus College and Pro Football.

When the World Series averages 4 Million Households ( and on an OTA Station) and the College Football Playoffs and Championship averaged about 10 Million Households ( on a Cable Station), should say a lot.