2016 NCAA football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's fine and all but the teams they are forcing buyouts from should just go ahead and play each other as they had to play a game anyway..just do a neutral site and everyone is happy.

I am glad that they got the game rescheduled, but I hate that South is losing a high profile game.

Second SEC opponent they were to play this year, I guess they will finish with an undefeated record against them now.

Go Jags!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Derwin0
LSU was originally scheduled to play South Alabama on November 19 in Baton Rouge and Florida was slated to host Presbyterian on the same day in Gainesville. LSU and Florida will exercise cancellation clauses for those respective games.

“Lastly, I send thanks to Sun Belt Conference Commissioner Karl Benson and his membership which worked in collaboration and a great spirit of cooperation in presenting options as we worked through this process,” Sankey said.
If I was South Alabama and Presbyterian, I would schedule a game against each other that day. That way the can still have a game that weekend.

and in other news :facepalm

Oklahoma State is your new 1945 champ :cheer

Why Oklahoma State has been named college football's 1945 national champion
Oklahoma State's 1945 team has finally been recognized as the national champion, and only 71 years later

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...med-college-footballs-1945-national-champion/

AFCA retroactively awards its 1945 national title to Oklahoma State

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ds-its-1945-national-title-to-oklahoma-state/

At the request of multiple schools, the AFCA established a Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to retroactively select Coaches’ Trophy winners from 1922 (when the AFCA was founded) up to 1949 (the year before the Coaches’ Poll was first published). That panel of coaches took information submitted by schools who felt they were worthy of consideration and used that data in the research and selection process
Sounds like how Texas A&M found 2 additional national championships.

And just what is wrong with that?

They are in the SEC now, they are entitled. :D
Don't forget, they also claimed Conference titles in years where they didn't play in or lost the conference championship game. So by that logic, then Florida can claim last year's SEC championship. You willing to share that? ;)

Btw, an SEC team was the 1927 National Champion already, before A&M tried to lay claim. Go Dawgs!

Don't forget, they also claimed Conference titles in years where they didn't play in or lost the conference championship game. So by that logic, then Florida can claim last year's SEC championship. You willing to share that? ;)
You can only do it for years when you are outside the SEC, so no.

Plus, we champ to damn hard to share. :D

Reactions: Derwin0 and HIFI
MjAxMy0xZjQyODBlYmIzNDRlYzBk.png

ESPN makes me sick sometimes... they did a story on JT Barrett for Ohio State - talked about his 11-1 season as a starter but showed 10 seconds of highlights from the VT game a team that spanked his ass...yet no props to that team.
What a joke.

I'm gonna have to pull for Tenn today ...as much as it annoys me Alabama annoys me more. Wisc needs to win also and well may as well pull for the U to beat UNC so they come into Blacksburg a top 15 team this coming Thursday.

Rocky top, oh rocky top
You'll never be home to me!!!

Screw you rocky top,
Go to hell Tennessee!!!

(Sorry for the language)

Well, Kirby Smart managed to lose to Vandy and give their coach his first sec road win.

Out of curiosity, has a Saban assistant ever been successful as a head coach?

Me thinks Saban just has assistants as place holders and does all the work himself.

Georgia fans are missing Mark Richt already...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Damn Carrier Dome.... I really dislike that place. Played like crap today total crap.

Total coastal division cluster.... Miami lost too.
Well I figured this year would be a rebuilding year for VT, doing better than what I thought but total screwed themselves today.

Well, FSU looked liked arse against Wake, but Francois is hurt and it was a hangover from Miami for sure. Glad we have a bye week before Clemson. Speaking of, at least we weren't Miami or VT today LOL.

I'll head to tally to see us get waxed against Clemson's D, that line will kill us all night. At Least they serve beer in Doak now. As expected, Bama smoked UT.

Let's go Arkansas, Stanford, and Wisky (not gonna happen but wishful thinking).

I am glad that they got the game rescheduled, but I hate that South is losing a high profile game.

Second SEC opponent they were to play this year, I guess they will finish with an undefeated record against them now.

Go Jags!!

Makes me mad South gets screwed.

Damn. Tulsa screwed up and Houston got lucky. What a finish
That was very unexpected.

Wisky OSU was good, but Wisky's coach is a moron. The runs in OT, don't get it. Michigan's D will own OSU.

No one is on the level of Bama though, might be time for #17. Ill be in hotlanta for Bama FSU to open next year, but playing Bama in an opener SUCKS. They always show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts