2016 NCAA football discussion thread

I don't really care about how bowl locations are set - doesn't mean that a little common sense can't be applied to some choices.
Ohh wait - lets just find a law we don't like and move the game. :rolleyes:
Common sense is applied to the choices. They put them in areas (mostly) with better wintertime weather.

Mich already sold their allotment earlier today...
So much for
UM won't fill but maybe %30 of that stadium I'm sure cause of where it is.

Like I said, people like to escape the frozen tundra for New Years. :D

There's a reason all the big bowl games are in warm weather locations.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Its an older school with tons of alum (see $$$), to think they won't travel to a big game is goofy.

Thats usually a problem for FSU in a non Florida/Ga/La area. FSU is a young school compared to others, we just dont have the fan base or the $$$ out there, yet.

Its an older school with tons of alum (see $$$), to think they won't travel to a big game is goofy.

Thats usually a problem for FSU in a non Florida/Ga/La area. FSU is a young school compared to others, we just dont have the fan base or the $$$ out there, yet.
It also helps that Miami is a huge tourist destination already. That's why the Florida Bowls, Sugar Bowl, and Rose Bowl's never have a problem selling out.

You mean it's not so the SEC has a decided advantage with thier fans being there ? :what:eeek
No, look at Bowl history. Back when there wasn't a gazillian of them, they were almost all in warm weather locations. Those evolved to the big ones you have today.

Nothing stopped the Big Ten from having a bowl up there for their champ to go to, but instead they decided on Southern Cal.

btw, Florida beat Ohio St. in the BCS championship in Phoenix, AZ. Not exactly SEC territory.

Bama better hope Hurts doesnt get hurt in the playoffs. First Barnett announced his transfer early in the season, then recently backup Cooper Bateman decided to transfer. Now just a little while ago, David Cornwell announced his intention. Leaving Bama with one other QB on the roster, another true freshman.

I can understand the thinking of these young guys, Hurts is the starter, and will be. Plus Tua Tagovailoa and Mac Jones are committed for next year, with Taguvailoa projected to be the next starter. I do hate that the last two are not seeing the season out though. They gain nothing by transferring before the season ends, unlike Barnett.

No, look at Bowl history. Back when there wasn't a gazillian of them, they were almost all in warm weather locations. Those evolved to the big ones you have today.

Nothing stopped the Big Ten from having a bowl up there for their champ to go to, but instead they decided on Southern Cal.

btw, Florida beat Ohio St. in the BCS championship in Phoenix, AZ. Not exactly SEC territory.
You do know that comment was tongue in cheek ... right ?

Buckeyes have done well in Arizona over the years.

The Big Ten will always play a bowl game in Southern California, they have a long history playing against the Pac 8/10/12 whatever they are next. I know the Big Ten can't count either.

A long streak is about to be snapped ....
It looks like Army is about to beat Navy for the first time in ages ...
Don't remember what they said earlier, I thought I might have heard maybe 14-15 years ...
Could that possibly be the case ?

I honestly have no idea. I am very patriotic in most ways, but this game? I couldn't care less.

It never factors into the season and it's just too over hyped for what it actually is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I honestly have no idea. I am very patriotic in most ways, but this game? I couldn't care less.

It never factors into the season and it's just too over hyped for what it actually is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I just have it on because nothing else was on ...
That said, Dad was in the NAVY !

I do watch it, but its not a priority .

For the first time in his life, my 14 yr old son say Navy lose to Army.

Was a good game though, and always fun to watch. Went to several when I lived in Southern PA, was always great to watch, and see both corps of cadets come together at the end.

It's a downgrade in pay, but it's a good stepping stone to more if he improves the program.

Plenty of programs had big interest in this cycle. Chances are had he agreed to the buyout clause at Houston he would have gotten that job.

As it is, a g5 job is about what he should have gotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)