2016 NCAA football discussion thread

And let the storm start - http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tate-buckeyes-washington-huskies-make-playoff

I don't think its right that OSU got in and PennSt didn't when they beat OSU and won their conference and apparently I'm not the only one!
It's not right and they know it

Something has to change and it needs to change starting next year.
Well have 8 more years on the contract for the College Playoff Committees agreement ... don't know if they can change the format before that time.

Taking my Michigan binders off, I think with the top four they got it right. Should be not only a decent college playoff but pretty good bowl games as well. From a fan standpoint, I think Alabama/Michigan would have been competitive but oh well, they had an opportunity to take care of business and fell a bit short

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well, one sign said "We kinda want Bama" LOL.

Pretty cool UM vs FSU. Be a big draw, I lack confidence in our current staff in preparing for a big game though. We will see, and there has been some talk where 2-3 coaching changes at FSU could be made.

Reactions: satjay
Well have 8 more years on the contract for the College Playoff Committees agreement ... don't know if they can change the format before that time.
They can if ESPN, the 6 Bowls, and the NCAA all agree.

I think if they agree to have a first round be on-campus games, the Bowls will agree as the semi-finals won't be diluted.

Reactions: osu1991
Well, one sign said "We kinda want Bama" LOL.

Pretty cool UM vs FSU. Be a big draw, I lack confidence in our current staff in preparing for a big game though. We will see, and there has been some talk where 2-3 coaching changes at FSU could be made.

FSU gets the best part of this being again in Florida. UM won't fill but maybe %30 of that stadium I'm sure cause of where it is. They should have put them both in a neutral site bowl central between the schools but ohh well typical. I'll also say that the Orange bowl should have been set for the runner up in the ACC but nope.

Ohh well a sh!tty Belk bowl with Arkansas with already over priced tickets seems to be where VT is going.

FSU gets the best part of this being again in Florida. UM won't fill but maybe %30 of that stadium I'm sure cause of where it is.
Really? You know nothing about Michigan fans. They travel very well.

And Miami is a nice place to be for New Years, especially for those escaping the northern tundra. :D

Reactions: Jimbo
Ga Tech gets to go to the Gator Bowl and play Kentucky.

I guess we get to beat 3 SEC teams this year. :D

JAX is actually pretty nice for New Years Eve, I think I might grab some tickets for me and the kids to go.

IMG_0644.JPG

FSU gets the best part of this being again in Florida. UM won't fill but maybe %30 of that stadium I'm sure cause of where it is. They should have put them both in a neutral site bowl central between the schools but ohh well typical. I'll also say that the Orange bowl should have been set for the runner up in the ACC but nope.

Ohh well a sh!tty Belk bowl with Arkansas with already over priced tickets seems to be where VT is going.
The bowl game locations are set. They have them in the best regions for weather (for the most part) at this time of year.

Not that it matters. Michigan travels VERY well. If this is an excuse it's a poor one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Derwin0
Lol contract with bama runs to 2025 :D

Or they just keep winning ;)

Everyone happy with their bowl placements?

Yes, should be a good game for Michigan vs FSU, a small let down not getting in to the playoffs but as players said today, they had a chance to control their own way and could not get the win

Side note, local college kids are sure getting a nice reward for there season, Eastern Michigan playing in the Bahamas, western in Texas which should be a good game called Wisconsin

Reactions: mccoyrj
Yes, should be a good game for Michigan vs FSU, a small let down not getting in to the playoffs but as players said today, they had a chance to control their own way and could not get the win

Side note, local college kids are sure getting a nice reward for there season, Eastern Michigan playing in the Bahamas, western in Texas which should be a good game called Wisconsin

I only wish Western had drawn some one other than a Big Ten team ... The MAC plays the Big Ten all the time ... and wins its share. (Not too often against the Big Boys of the Big Ten though.)

The bowl game locations are set. They have them in the best regions for weather (for the most part) at this time of year.

Not that it matters. Michigan travels VERY well. If this is an excuse it's a poor one.

Excuse for what? Get off your high horse here.. I only said its in FSU's backyard you will see MORE FSU fans for sure - UM travels good yes but its a fact regardless.
I don't really care about how bowl locations are set - doesn't mean that a little common sense can't be applied to some choices.
Ohh wait - lets just find a law we don't like and move the game. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)