2016 NCAA football discussion thread

I know Jimbo is a VT fan tonight - cause if VT doesn't beat Clemson then Ohio State is NOT in the playoff cause the winner of their Conference is in with Alabama and Washington with Clemson.
Nope, not true ...
Clemson wins, why does that effect Ohio State, they are already ahead of Clemson.
If If Va Tech wins, the Big Ten could get 2 in and 1 might be Michigan, but more than likely the winner of the Conference.

I was about to go off on that call if they didn't let it stick.. clearly on the line.

But no - Clemson is playing great tonight not going to say much more than that.
We are playing good but just not as good as they are tonight.
Clemson wins I wish them all the luck cause they are going to the playoff instead of OSU :)
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong !!!

Clemson will go and so will the Bucks !

Fwiw, Penn State is a huge 2nd half team and the game is now MUCH closer with Wisky leading 28-21, but the momentum is all with PSU.
It doesn't help that Wisky's QB is OUT.

I don't agree with that as Wisc and Penn both are top 10 teams and should go ahead of Osu in that spot.
Last I checked those guys were #6 and #7 ...
Ohio State is #2
Ohio State has 1 less loss than toinights winner.
Ohio State has beat 3 top 10 teams ... Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Michigan.
2 of them ON THE ROAD.

Neither Penn State or Wisconsin has that resume.

Gonna be a so so year next year for VT as I'm sure a few top guys are leaving for NFL.. shame but ohh well
:sobstory :what2 :crying2
Its been a so so year for the Buckeyes this year, they lost 13 to the NFL ... they would be thrilled to lose a few ...
They will lose probably another 6-9 guys this year as well.

Wisconsin secondary can't cover a lick tonight, at least in the second half .... PSU McSorly is playing well, but hes trown some really bad passes that his recvrs have come back to catch for him.

Ohio State is #2
2 of them ON THE ROAD.

If Penn wins that is a CONF WINNER over a top 10 team that should go ahead of OSU(whom beat OSU)... OSU gets in either way I think if VT wins which I'm not holding my breath

Ohio State is #2
2 of them ON THE ROAD.

And yet they weren't good enough to win their conference.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
And yet they weren't good enough to win their conference.
Doesn't matter .... no where does it say you have to win your conference to go ....
Fwiw, the sec will be happy to see this as typically they have 2 or 3 teams in the same division that could be in the playoffs, this way they will know theres still a chance as they can be the 2nd or third best team in ther nation and don't have to think thier season is over because another team may have had a game of the year against them ...
When your a TOP team you get everybodies BEST every week, not only when you play your top teams.

Washington has barely played anyone.

So..they won their conference at least.
I'm sure that if OSU goes over Penn St then there will be some crap hitting the fan and I hope it stirs some talks to get something in writing about conf title holders or increase the number to 8 in the playoffs to include all those winners and next top 3 in polls.

As for VT now... here comes a sh!tty bowl game in Florida again prob Russel athletic or citrus which is STUPID when they just played in Florida.
Saw a ESPN right up about the ACC title game move and everyone that commented was against the move and it should have stayed in NC..I would have been there had it been in NC.
Would have been nice if they stuck with the runner up of the ACC title game getting the Orange bowl since Clemson is going on to playoff. Wanted to see that VT vs Michigan rematch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts